Unable to assign Database Template to database

Carl Maltby

I'm stumped on this one. We've run a single database for years ("Articles", run on default template names) and decided to separate out content into three databases ("Articles", "Tutorials", "Product Reviews"). Having created new Database Templates (all types) in Pages and assigned them to database Tutorials, and double checked that setting in Databases it doesn't appear to actually have been assigned, and instead is relying on the default template group.

Is this something I have overlooked? The Product Reviews database appears to be acting normally, despite the same process having been carried out. Puzzling, however I am sure that it is something overlooked rather than a bug. What causes a database to rely on the default Database Template group even when a new group has been set up and seems to be correctly assigned?

Excellent. Problem solved, and yes it was something overlooked. The Database Templates were set up after Categories were created in the Database, so despite the Templates having been assigned to the Database, Database Categories do not follow those changes and instead relied in their previous default.

Archived