Auto-Upgrader: Don't overwrite the favicon!

Feld0

I decided to give the auto-upgrader a chance for the latest round of maintenance upgrades, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth the process was! Really love what you've done here, IPS devs. :thumbsup:

I had only one gripe with the process... it overwrote my favicons! :ohmy: I had to manually upload those back to my server after the auto-upgrade, which put a damper on the experience.

If you could tweak the upgrader to skip uploading the default favicon.ico, that would be a small, but very appreciated, improvement.

I had only one gripe with the process... it overwrote my favicons! :ohmy: I had to manually upload those back to my server after the auto-upgrade, which put a damper on the experience.

I got tired of losing my favicon files long ago so what I did was this.. I removed all write permissions on them. Of course, I think that could cause the upgrader to fart out because that would throw an error during the process when trying to overwrite it. But for the way I do things, I don't have to worry about forgetting anymore because they're protected. :)

Hi,

I'll second that.

Could you prevent the disappearance of:

• Favicon
  • Meta_image
  • Meta description

The last two effect how posts from the forums on facebook appear.

When you have several licensed sites (Hint!!) it can be a pain to have to manually FTP all of the icons again after each auto upgrade!

Kind regards,

Stuart

I decided to give the auto-upgrader a chance for the latest round of maintenance upgrades, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth the process was! Really love what you've done here, IPS devs. :thumbsup:

If you could tweak the upgrader to skip uploading the default favicon.ico, that would be a small, but very appreciated, improvement.

Another alternative is to redirect references to favicon.ico to load a different file instead. :)

In the ACP, can set it to use custom files instead of the default, so no need to worry about meta images being overwritten. ;)

Archived