Two Suggestions: Define Similar/Same Tags and Search Deleted Content

shought

As mentioned in the title I have two suggestions:

The first one is about tags. Members are like double pendulums (?), they're chaos. Tags are a great way to allow users to find content very easily, but sometimes there's the problem of two tags which represent the same/a similar thing appearing in the tag cloud. Sure, it's not a huge problem, but when some people use the tag 'GOTD' for 'Give-away of the Day' and others use 'GAOTD' (Give-Away of the Day) a user will need to click two tags to find all content. Sure you could try and get all members to use the same tags for the same content, but for large boards this is a huge enterprise and one which will probably never succeed, which cripples the system a little.

Which is why I suggest there should be a 'define similar/same tags' feature in the ACP. Where you can add two tags (the main tag, and the alternative tag(s)), only the main tag will appear in the tag cloud and when clicked all topics using either the main or (one of) the alternative tag(s) will also be displayed.

-----

The second suggestion is about the deleted content. Again at larger boards there will be quite some deleted content in a few days, it can sometimes be a cumbersome process to find the post or topic you were looking for. So it would be great to be able to search by date and/or title/post content.

Well, that's it I guess, considerably shorter than suggestion #1, but there's not much more to it than this :P

The second suggestion is about the deleted content. Again at larger boards there will be quite some deleted content in a few days, it can sometimes be a cumbersome process to find the post or topic you were looking for. So it would be great to be able to search by date and/or title/post content.

Well, that's it I guess, considerably shorter than suggestion #1, but there's not much more to it than this :tongue:

Related to this suggestion, please give us the ability to mass delete/mass restore deleted content in the report center, including via the requested search results page.

kthxbai

• 7 months later...

Well, that's it I guess, considerably shorter than suggestion #1, but there's not much more to it than this :tongue:

Really, really want this too. We used to have a trash can forum in the 2.x days where deleted content was stored, but nowadays we're clicking ourselves to RSI searching in the ModCP for deleted content.

Archived