IP.Calendar Suggestions

Dunhill

Couple of features that are offered on other BBS CMS's for their calendars that are missing in IP.Board:

1. Post calendar event as a new thread in a defined forum for each calendar
2. Custom fields, such as a map link or even to add addresses or contact numbers for events.

Those additions will make the calendar much more attractive to customers.

I would love to see the map integrated in the event. That's one plus I use with JomSocial in their social groups' events.

Custom fields is also something I would like to see.

As well as integration within the forum like we have for albums on board index under forums, but under forums also not on board index. IE: If you have a forum for discussing NY and a calendar for NY events, the latest events should show up when viewing the topic list of the NY forum. It would be nice to include other apps (like related albums, downloads, etc.) in there as well. Makes finding related content easier.

• 2 weeks later...

A key thing that is important for my needs, is in a group setting I would like to define say, roles that the attending person would be using.. like RSVP - Food, RSVP - Drinks .. or for pickup sports games, RSVP - Red, RSVP - Blue .. I know vBulletin has this or similar as a feature.

Archived