Prefix Color

connorhawke

Just two minor suggestions regarding prefixes:

[*]Differentiate the default color between the pre-set Pinned and Poll prefixes, which are both currently green. For instance, make a Pinned prefix blue instead. [*]Include by default an option to change the color of custom prefixes when posting.

Just two minor suggestions regarding prefixes:

[*]Differentiate the default color between the pre-set Pinned and Poll prefixes, which are both currently green. For instance, make a Pinned prefix blue instead. [*]Include by default an option to change the color of custom prefixes when posting.

I definitely like #1. I think #2 should be left for skinning to maintain continuity across the board.

I dont think 2. would be suitable, it would be pretty random to see a forum with all kind of colorful prefixes.

It won't be too random if it was used responsibly, and by that I mean restricted to staff to categorize threads meaningfully in forums where this feature is enabled. For example, if there is a forum offering Invision 3.x skins, it would be nice to be able to apply prefixes such as "Dark", "Light", etc. with corresponding colors. And so on for any forum where threads can have distinct categories. But I realize that most boards probably won't have forums where this feature would hugely benefit, and therefore I update my original proposal by saying that it might be better left as a hook or via custom skinning.

I still think #1 should be implemented by default though.

Looks nice.

Also, is there a visible copyright for this mod (like "

Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.2.2

")?

Found my answer to the first question (see below), and the second question (which doesn't address a very important issue anyway) I can answer myself after installing the mod.

Indeed it is. Purchasing it gets you support and updates for as long as it's around.

Archived