Feature suggestion for moved topics

tranceandy

When you move a topic to another forum, you can choose to keep a link in the originating forum.
A great feature would be to allow the original post to be shown with a reply from a moderator saying the reasons the topic has been moved.
This could be done with a checkbox option for choosing the moderators reply. The original post would be selected automatically.
Any other posts would only be shown in the topics new/moved loacation.

My reason for this is when topics are moved to a location thr poster doesn't have permission to view, they sometimes post a topic asking why my topic was moved or PM a moderator. Creating more work for the moderator and frustrating the poster.

What are your thoughts on this?

So you don't think it is annoying for the original poster to click on the link to the original topic to then see a message saying you do not have permission to see this topic when it has been moved to a forum they do not have permission to view and then the moderator(s) to get a PM saying why has their topic been moved and/or a new topic asking why has it been moved?

So you don't think it is annoying for the original poster to click on the link to the original topic to then see a message saying you do not have permission to see this topic when it has been moved to a forum they do not have permission to view and then the moderator(s) to get a PM saying why has their topic been moved and/or a new topic asking why has it been moved?

I'd call that administrative error for leaving a public link to a private forum.

Common sense has to be used somewhere down the line. If they can't see the thread, they don't need the link to it.

I'd call that administrative error for leaving a public link to a private forum.

Common sense has to be used somewhere down the line. If they can't see the thread, they don't need the link to it.

In an ideal world Jay, that should happen but take these forums for example, often non cuctomers ask support question in forums such as general chat, they are moved to technical support forums where the poster doesn't have permission to view. This happens at other forums too and that is why I have suggested it to help the original poster ond the moderating team :)

In an ideal world Jay, that should happen but take these forums for example, often non cuctomers ask support question in forums such as general chat, they are moved to technical support forums where the poster doesn't have permission to view. This happens at other forums too and that is why I have suggested it to help the original poster ond the moderating team [img]

[/img]

Non-customer support threads are generally locked. When they're moved, it's usually because the staff didn't notice the OP is not a customer.

Archived