please add the bump button in 3.2

Van2

That gets a no vote from me. Many of us don't allow topic bumping in our forums so this should be a third party hook only.

3DKiwi

Dear lord NO, so many times over no..

This is just an invitation for attention grabbers/impatient people/spamming

For once I agree with my learned friends above ;)

I use to have this with back when I used Invisionfree for moderators. I miss it. Sometimes you just kinda wanna bring up an important topic back to attention.

Then make a post explaining why you're bringing it back up.

Much more productive compared to a phantom topic appearing out of nowhere with several replies that people barely remember.

Then make a post explaining why you're bringing it back up.

Much more productive compared to a phantom topic appearing out of nowhere with several replies that people barely remember.

That's fine when they are phantom topics involved, but when you have an active board and topics tend to fall off a page quickly? I vastly prefer this to users posting "BUMP" sporadically.

The mod works well, and I'm sure it will be updated. I see no reason for it being a core feature.

Why can't it be added, and have it so you can turn it off or on

then everyone is happy :o)

Because if every conceivable mod was added into the core software, the board would be slow as hell, the download package would be hundreds of megabytes (that's fun to reupload), and the admin cp would not be at all navigable due to all the crap admins would have to wade though.

Woe betide the board members where admins just turned everything on due to the frustration of having to sort out what is and isn't useful!

WOW you guys are a tough crowd, i just hope the author makes a update for 3.2

No were not a tough crowd, we just don't think that shameless bumping on topics that died (usually for a good reason) need to be revived by someone to lazy to actually add to a conversation..

No were not a tough crowd, we just don't think that shameless bumping on topics that died (usually for a good reason) need to be revived by someone to lazy to actually add to a conversation..

Normally bumping can only be done by the topic starter or moderators, which makes that almost entirely irrelevant.

No need to be harsh about it.

Normally bumping can only be done by the topic starter or moderators, which makes that almost entirely irrelevant.

No need to be harsh about it.

The crying is strong in this one as Highschool is that way ------->

See that's harsh... Me saying no one wants to deal with attention-lover's who only bump because they personally have nothing new/interesting to add to a topic is not.. That is reality

I can definitely see the use of it. I'm a member of several forums where I've posted topics in support-sections and due to the shear amount of topics some of them gets unanswered. On most of these sites bumping is disallowed, not because of "bumping" but because of post-hunting. Allowing people to bump THEIR OWN topics for instance.. once per 24h without the need to post(and thus gaining more postcount in form of useless bumps) is a big YES from me.

However, in order to prevent abuse, moderators should be allowed to "disable bumping for this topic" if a topic gets bumped over and over again without anyone answering. Moderators should also be allowed to "reverse bump" if someone for instance bumped a 2 year old topic.

I can definitely see the use of it. I'm a member of several forums where I've posted topics in support-sections and due to the shear amount of topics some of them gets unanswered. On most of these sites bumping is disallowed, not because of "bumping" but because of post-hunting. Allowing people to bump THEIR OWN topics for instance.. once per 24h without the need to post(and thus gaining more postcount in form of useless bumps) is a big YES from me.

However, in order to prevent abuse, moderators should be allowed to "disable bumping for this topic" if a topic gets bumped over and over again without anyone answering. Moderators should also be allowed to "reverse bump" if someone for instance bumped a 2 year old topic.

I'd like to see something like this.

I agree, On my board before the bump option, I got a whole bunch of useless posts so they could move their topic up the forum.. Now it's a much easier board to read

I agree, On my board before the bump option, I got a whole bunch of useless posts so they could move their topic up the forum.. Now it's a much easier board to read

The people who make those "useless posts" probably don't think they're so "useless", so they'll just retaliate by bumping theirs back up, and you'll have a full-scale juvenile "bump war" on your hands.

Archived