IP.Tracker: More tightly integrated into IP.Board?

TSP

I wish IP.Tracker were more tightly integrated into IP.Board. For example I would wish that the discussion could actually go into a normal topic instead of having the discussions hosted in the IP.Tracker-application. It would then of course be needed to be created links between the reports in the IP.Tracker-module where you would get the overview, and to the topics in the board-module where the discussions would be posted. The discussion could then be loaded into the IP.Tracker-module - and you could post to the topic - by help from the API for example. Do you have any such plans?

There are plans to integrate Tracker into IP.Board more, but not as you are suggesting. It's not something that has been suggested before but I personally feel that Tracker discussions should be kept away from the board itself (how it is now).

In my opinion it's not really practical. The problem being that the Tracker (along with IP.Blog etc.) doesn't have the same amount of accessibillity like the forum software has. So a lot of functionality like View New Content etc. makes the content from those areas one click further away - and then all of the bug reports etc. are more easy to miss. There are also inconsistencies between applications and it makes it harder to find good hooks that takes other applications (like Tracker) into account.

There is often a lot of discussion going on (even with bug reports) - and that's what forums are for - discussion. And we also use it for technical suggestions. So I atleast feel it would be better to be able to host the discussions on the forum and the organization/overview in Tracker.

Archived