Download: Minimum Posts&Threads in 24 hours to Enter Forums (Activity Booster)

NenaDice

File Name: Minimum Posts&Threads in 24 hours to Enter Forums (Activity Booster)
File Submitter: NenaDice
File Submitted: 04 Dec 2010
File Updated: 21 Dec 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook will enable you to set a minimum number of posts/threads for your users to post in a 24 hours period in order for them to enter a certain forum/s. By default it is set to 5 posts/threads for 24 hours. This is ideal to encourage your users to, hopefully, become more active.

For example, say you have a certain forum/s that you want only your active members to access. And you make it so that a post count based group/s can access it. But once they reach the post count limit they stop being active anymore once they get what they wanted. Whereas with this hook, you can avoid that as only those users that are active on dayily basis can access your special forum/s.

Anyway, after you install the PostsEntrance.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel, you can configure it at the System Settings. There you will see a new setting called NenaDice. Click on it and configure the hook to your needs. There you can enable/disable the hook, set the minimum number of posts/threads that you want your users to post in a 24 hours period in order for them to enter a certain forum/s, choose the forum/s where you want to enforce this limit, enter your own custom error message and as last but not least you can choose which groups can bypass the limit.

Click here to download this file

i would like to buy it

if it supports secondary groups also

means if a user is in a secondary group of mod and primary group is memeber

If the mod group is exclluded from the restriction then this user must also excluded from the restriction

At the moment it supports only the primary group.
  • 1 year later...

Hi, this mod looks like exactly what im looking for weeks BUT i want to know if exist any way to modified to what i need.

1- I need the counting for 15 days NOT 24hrs, is possible?

2- I need the user can enter to the forum but NOT create a new topic or reply, is possible?

if i can do this 2 modifications i buy this mod rush!!!

I want to use it in my community to control the people that only come to our community to post their items in the Classifieds Forum and NOT share any experience or join to a conversation creating new content or making some reply's :-)

Archived