Why is it so hard to get to the articles section now?

mat206

I'm wondering why you guys took the articles section down from the main links. I've gone to those articles time and time again to get tips on how to do things, and it was nice to see some of the forum knowledge harvested there. I even wrote two articles myself to help contribute..

http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/articles.html

Where are you linking to those articles now? I'm kind of surprised that you replaced the basic article approach with having to download full files in the marketplace. Why would you do this or am I missing something.. ?

We're actually already discussing the best way to deal with those. The articles are still there, and aren't being killed off or anything, we just need to decide on the best way to organize and present them.

Where are they actually linked to? I can't find the link on the site. Honestly I think the old way was just fine.

There currently is no visible link to them, but they're still at the same location they were, the URL you gave above.

A lot of the articles are out of date (for IP.Board 2.x) are just have wrong info, but many of them are good and useful. We want to go through them and make sure they're all still valid and things that will come in handy for lots of folks.

Archived