Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just crossing my fingers RC2 won't require edits. I've been waiting forever for this arcade to be done and since there isn't going to be a RC3 I'm hoping this is as close to the finished product as it gets.

None of the iArcade versions require edits to function.
For backwards compatibility with v2 scoring, there is 1 index.php edit.

Mat has been working on a hook that you can use, however I have not seen a working version yet, so perhaps he has a bit more insight into how that is going.

None of the iArcade versions require edits to function.

For backwards compatibility with v2 scoring, there is 1 index.php edit.

Mat has been working on a hook that you can use, however I have not seen a working version yet, so perhaps he has a bit more insight into how that is going.

So, if I've never had this installed I don't have to worry about an edit for backwards compatibility with v2 scoring then right?

So, if I've never had this installed I don't have to worry about an edit for backwards compatibility with v2 scoring then right?

Lets put it this way - iArcade does not require any file edits. You can install normal games and play them without high scores. No edits required to use iArcade.

However, for backwards compatibility with v2 scoring games, there is an edit you must make to the index.php file. Considering there is only 6 lines of actual code in this file, it isnt a complicated edit.

Mat has been working on a board index hook that you can use as an alternate, if you cannot make file edits. However, I have not seen a working version of it yet. So, for now, if you wish to use v2 scoring games, you must make that single edit.

Lets put it this way - iArcade does not require any file edits. You can install normal games and play them without high scores. No edits required to use iArcade.

However, for backwards compatibility with v2 scoring games, there is an edit you must make to the index.php file. Considering there is only 6 lines of actual code in this file, it isnt a complicated edit.

Mat has been working on a board index hook that you can use as an alternate, if you cannot make file edits. However, I have not seen a working version of it yet. So, for now, if you wish to use v2 scoring games, you must make that single edit.

Ok, gotcha. As long as you tell me where to go and how to do it I should be fine. Thanks for the clarification. I certainly want high scores. Will you post the edit and instructions when you put RC2 out?

Ok, gotcha. As long as you tell me where to go and how to do it I should be fine. Thanks for the clarification. I certainly want high scores. Will you post the edit and instructions when you put RC2 out?

The edit for RC1 can be found here. The edit for RC2 will be almost the same, although a bit smaller, as we condensed and improved the code quite a bit.

As you can see, we have a guided step-by-step installer that makes setting up iArcade very easy. %7Boption%7D

The edit for RC1 can be found here. The edit for RC2 will be almost the same, although a bit smaller, as we condensed and improved the code quite a bit.

As you can see, we have a guided step-by-step installer that makes setting up iArcade very easy. %7Boption%7D

Thank you. I assume your response means you will make the revised edit for RC2 available with the release so people don't have to start begging for it :lol:

Thank you. I assume your response means you will make the revised edit for RC2 available with the release so people don't have to start begging for it :lol:

In the step-by-step upgrader, there are be directions on how to replace the old edit with the improved one.
In the new installer docs for RC2, it will be included. :)

Without having to look through 85 pages can you tell me if this arcade will have the ability to run tournaments?

Currently no, even in RC2 it isn't possible, we can not find the right ways to go about this, we do have a Challenge System in place, but I don't think Collin is to happy with it right now.

Installing RC1 was really easy, so new users don't be scared, good documentation is provided.

Thanks for your feedback!

Without having to look through 85 pages can you tell me if this arcade will have the ability to run tournaments?

Yes, that is planned.

Ok, Just a heads up:

I'll be going through my paypal donation receipts tonight. Everyone who donated to iArcade will be getting sneak peak access to RC2. Please report any issues with RC2 directly to me, because Andy is going to be migrating servers for our support board.

ATTN Donars:

I have sent replies to all paypal emails of everyone who is in our license system with a donation.

If you did not receive the iArcade RC2 files, please send me a PM or reply to your donation confirmation email.

*Note:
There are 2 users who made donations when our server was down. Your donation was not stored. Drop me a PM and I can look it up manually.
Also, I believe Chito and Gerry both made donations before we were recording them in a database. I think I emailed both of you, let me know if you did not get it.

ATTN Donars:

I have sent replies to all paypal emails of everyone who is in our license system with a donation.

If you did not receive the iArcade RC2 files, please send me a PM or reply to your donation confirmation email.

[size="1"][sup]

*Note:

There are 2 users who made donations when our server was down. Your donation was not stored. Drop me a PM and I can look it up manually.

Also, I believe Chito and Gerry both made donations before we were recording them in a database. I think I emailed both of you, let me know if you did not get it.[/sup][/size]

Yea Collin, I just now received the e-mail. However, since you and I already discussed me waiting until the stable version to come out, I'll just chill until then. Thanks though. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Fully installed and updated RC2 on my board, thanks guys! If anyone wants to have a look around before updating: http://www.tiki-taka.org/forums/

We have t up and running. Also, let me tell you, it was very easy.

now that we have RC2, I'll probably put more effort into getting more games installed, and purging the system of crap games.

Thanks again.

EDIT 2: Collin, you may want to take a look at my games list (not the games in it) and page through it... pages seem to be messed up still... not 20 per page as settings are set to, and the last few pages show the same games.... also, at the last page, it allows 'next' to be clicked. Really, it shouldn't IMHO.

EDIT 2: Collin, you may want to take a look at my games list (not the games in it) and page through it... pages seem to be messed up still... not 20 per page as settings are set to, and the last few pages show the same games.... also, at the last page, it allows 'next' to be clicked. Really, it shouldn't IMHO.

I am VEEERRRYYYY sure that I fixed it in RC2.
http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-65-pageination-bug/

Andy / Collin, where do I report bugs again? I have a few small ones so far.

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/project-5-iArcade System/

I believe you, but I'm just as sure that it is happening. Go to my board and check it out: [url="http://www.tiki-taka.org/forums/"]http://www.tiki-taka.org/forums/[/url]

[#2] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Archived