Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

Sorry if this has been answered, but for those of us who installed before this change, do we have to un-install and then re-install, or can we just swap a few files? Thanks in advance for any help there.

Just re-upload the files - no need to run anything.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same, but I am running with 755, which should be fine. But maybe his server is different - hence the FTP idea.

Yeah, it depends on your setup. For me, the web server runs as different user and usergroup than as my ftp log in. So I own the files I uploaded and the application can't write to those directories without 777. It is the same reason IPS makes you 777 the uploads directory.

Anyway, all the errors that smush1 has posted I got and that is how I fixed the problem. Delete the game from the database and change the file permissions. It should install after that.

you might want to add that to the tracker - your suggestion might get lost on here. [url="http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/project-5-iArcade%20System/"]http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/project-5-iArcade%20System/[/url]

Done. thanks.

Sorry if this has been answered, but for those of us who installed before this change, do we have to un-install and then re-install, or can we just swap a few files? Thanks in advance for any help there.

No need to upgrade, just overwrite all files as said in the announcement for the update.

For those having game issues, only v2 games will work, please ensure that both locations in ACP are set correctly, we have tried our up-most best to try explain these, and still people are having issues.

I ain't to sure about the error/warning messages you are getting, but please contact Collin as I am off development for a while.

Did you get it from my site?

It might be marked wrong, the system automatically puts that on there.

No Amy I didnt and it is definately v2 otherwise it will not run in this arcade, if you look at the attached picture you can see it is installed on iArcade.

As you have already stated that is not the same game that Smush1 was having issues with which is v32 as my screen shot pointed out.
Game converters some times do make a game in both v2 and v32 it appears that you installed the v2 of 13 is a winner and my site has the v32 of 13 is a winner.

Collin got it all to work mate, deleted the whole forum and then reinstalled the database in myAdmin showing the path you have added the arcade, and all is working, took some pulling out of hair, but I got there in the end.

Thanks so much for the Arcade. :thumbsup: :D

Glad to hear it works!

Yeah, that happens when an install fails because it can't move the files. You need to go into the database and remove the game. Next, change the permission on the admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tar directory to 777 and then also on admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all and admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all/img

The file permission checks needs to be added to the installation instructions.

http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?app=tracker&showissue=51
Please add in the things you want to see included.
So far, I have untar and rename being tested.

If you are still having issues, please send me a PM with your ACP and FTP info, and a detailed description of the problem.

Just re-upload the files. No upgrader to run.

I noticed that on the game high score and comment page, there is no 'play now' button or link. Have I missed it? If it is not there, shouldn't one be?

Yeah, there should be (design wise) looks like I just forgot to do that.
Thanks for posting it as a bug :thumbsup:

you might want to add that to the tracker - your suggestion might get lost on here. [url="http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/project-5-iArcade%20System/"]http://dev.geekmanic.com/index.php?/tracker/project-5-iArcade%20System/[/url]

I read every post made to this topic, but with so much going on in here the only way for bugs and issues is via the tracker :thumbsup:

Actually, I believe you can install v32 games. They will play they just won't record scores.

Some play, others dont. Luck of the draw, hence why we do not advise it.

One thing, I'd personally like to see in a future release (providing its possible) is the removal of the DB info from index.php .. Me being normally 3/4 asleep tried a required once to /sources/iarcade.php and that just blew up =( *goes back to cleaning his DB*

The DB info is actually in your conf_global.php file.
The reason there is a manual file edit into the index.php file is because this is a "workaround" for backwards compatibility with ibparcade v2.

Guys I have three small problems but I believe they are bugs 1:- play full screen does not go to full screen, it opens another window with the same sized game inside, 2:- The game cannot be made larger as the settings only make the background larger. 3:- Why is the background black in all the games instead of white.

I hope these points help you Collin, still a nice arcade though. :P :thumbsup:

Guys I have three small problems but I believe they are bugs 1:- play full screen does not go to full screen, it opens another window with the same sized game inside, 2:- The game cannot be made larger as the settings only make the background larger. 3:- Why is the background black in all the games instead of white.

I hope these points help you Collin, still a nice arcade though. :P :thumbsup:

1-Yes, it is a "play in a new window" style... I see where I went wrong with this, and will consider the change needed.
2-Some games (mostly newer ones) cannot stretch beyond their size.
3-A BG color may be specified in your game folder. If not, default is always black. This is the standard background color for flash games. Black looks fine on most skins, whereas white can look bad on dark skins.

Archived