Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

Ok so i know that someone should be able to help me here. What does USER need to be replaced with and also FORUMPATH. I am guessing FORUMPATH is the folder that my forum is located in which is forums.

/home/USER/public_html/FORUMPATH/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having problems with the the Path settings as well, or at least I think that is the issue. Installed a single game, when I try to play it's a black box.

Ah, finally someone with the same problems as myself. A hero will save us. :thumbsup: (w00t)

Collin, my forum is located in a folder called forums. Maybe u can help me via my cpanel?

Ok so i know that someone should be able to help me here. What does USER need to be replaced with and also FORUMPATH. I am guessing FORUMPATH is the folder that my forum is located in which is forums.

/home/USER/public_html/FORUMPATH/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

Then "USER" should be your cPanel username, if you use cPanel.
Note that any time you change the path you need to re-upload the games, as they will be in the wrong folder.

I'm having problems with the the Path settings as well, or at least I think that is the issue. Installed a single game, when I try to play it's a black box.

Sounds like your web path is wrong. Drop me a PM with ACP and FTP access, and I will take a look

Ah, finally someone with the same problems as myself. A hero will save us. :thumbsup: (w00t)

Have no fear, I am here

Yeah, I'm not generally confused by these things, but in this case, the 'logical' answer is not getting me results. My forums are in the root directory, so I've set the path to:

/forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

I then installed the game, and have the problem as described above (black box). I'm not familiar with arcade aps though, so maybe I've done something stupid here.... I wouldn't put it past me... :)

Also, some other info that may help someone help me:

* When I click on Manage Games, I do see the game as being installed.
* When I click on "Click here to view files uploaded.....", I see some crazy stuff, see picture:
%7Boption%7D

Then "USER" should be your cPanel username, if you use cPanel.

Note that any time you change the path you need to re-upload the games, as they will be in the wrong folder.

Are u saying i need to re import the games i downloaded via ACP? Then how do i get rid of the ones i have already uploaded?

Well I know .gif and .swf files aren't s'posed to be in that folder. :)

just .tar files :)

Agree, but all I did was use the built in function to import/install the .tar files. The others were created in that process. I have not put anything in that dir via FTP or anything on my own.

* When I click on "Click here to view files uploaded.....", I see some crazy stuff, see picture:

[img]

[/img]

That is very....very....wrong.
File a bug report please.

Are u saying i need to re import the games i downloaded via ACP? Then how do i get rid of the ones i have already uploaded?

If they were installed to the wrong directory, then you will need to reinstall them.

This may be a stupid question: The 'index.html' file that is in the upload folder... should this really be put in the forums directory? There is already an index.php file for the IPB software, so I assume this html file will not bother it.. but please clear that up for me someone. This may be my problem... i didn't put that file in. Thanks :

EDIT: I'm an idiot.... disregard this question

[s]This may be a stupid question: The 'index.html' file that is in the upload folder... should this really be put in the forums directory? There is already an index.php file for the IPB software, so I assume this html file will not bother it.. but please clear that up for me someone. This may be my problem... i didn't put that file in. Thanks :[/s]

EDIT: I'm an idiot.... disregard this question

Not an idiot question at all!
Back during beta testing, we discovered that it was possible for a user with knowledge of the games directory to be able to open up the directory in his or her browser and have a complete file listing. A blank index.html file overrides this. :)

Sorry guys but i'm struggling here with the upload directories.

Justa can't seem to get a V2 game to install.

In Settings>Games Path

/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

In Settings>Web Location

/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

Can someone confirm this for me or let me know where I'm going wrong

In Settings>Games Path

/var/www/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdocs/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

In Settings>Web Location

The web one is wrong. It should be a full URL. http://www.yoursite.com/forum/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

So I uninstalled and reinstalled. I am not going to try to upload a .tar until I figure out this path issue. Is there any tool out there that will allow me to test the path without uploading the file through iarcade ap?

I had been meaning to write one, but never did.
If you PM me your ACP and FTP info, I'll check it out for you. :thumbsup:

In Settings>Games Path

In Settings>Web Location

/usr/www/users/mysite/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

and

http://mysite/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/games/all

are what mine are set to. However, having just checked, I can't upload either. I just get a driver error. The only other difficulty I had (on a previous beta) was to chmod sources directory to 777.

I'll have to leave it a couple of days because I'm due for a server move.

You say mysite.com ... shouldn't that just be your username?

Can I just ftp the .tar files into the /forums/admin/applications_addon/other/iArcade/sources/tars directory directly on my own rather than import them?

The quick answer:

No.

:)

I figured that would be too easy to have been missed. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRYmudWEUSo

You can FTP import the tar files. Check out the 2nd section in the tar importer area of the ACP, it tells you the path to upload them to!

Archived