Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm always a day late and a dollar short on suggestions. They may have been mentioned already, but will there be

Ability to delete games

Add to favorites

I think I read where you decided not to have a report broken game option?

Remove games is part of the RC1 admin interface.
Add/Remove from favorites is already built in to the current beta.
Correct. I am still considering a button that would send the admin a PM.

I still have a passionate hate for the challenge system. I regret ever looking into it, to be honest. Ive tried multiple different ways to do it and no matter what they all provide unfair advantages, or they just plain suck.

REALLY unhappy with challenges. I might pull them from the release. :unsure:

I still have a passionate hate for the challenge system. I regret ever looking into it, to be honest. Ive tried multiple different ways to do it and no matter what they all provide unfair advantages, or they just plain suck.

REALLY unhappy with challenges. I might pull them from the release. :unsure:

At this point I would rather have a report game to a nominated admin/group than a challenge.

That can always be added later :)

Realized that there has not been much in the way of screenshots the last few days, :ph34r: so here is a quick little update regarding our current progress:

http://screencast.com/t/MGQ2N2JhY2It

6 Weeks, not 6 months lol

At this point I would rather have a report game to a nominated admin/group than a challenge.

That can always be added later :)

Maybe we could scrap it out of the release and work on a report game feature, see what Collin says.

I have to agree. Fixing to look at the screencast in a moment. I think the most important part is getting the Arcade out, playing comes foremost to many than playing against one another.

If you can do the report feature that would be nice. I have been using a stand alone arcade to give my members something to do. Only 200 games on it but it can be a nightmare when a couple games decide to go belly up and the only way to report is to post in the forum, or in the shout box which is annoying and gets overlooked.

The challenge can come later, if you can do the report great, if not I can live with that too. The community will just be real excited to have an integrated Arcade once again. :D

Thanks for all the work and thinking of the communities before the dollar.

The screencast is great! Love the search and the click to get to the list of high scores.
Congrats on becoming a Dad Andy!

Fantastic Andy.

Love the way the Game CP is looking.

Categories would be nice in the future. (I can't figure out how to do it myself :blush: )

I may have missed it, but will there be a "Reset scores, or Reset all scores" feature?

Thanks

We may see categories better integrated in a future release, not 100% sure yet.
Good feature suggestion for resetting scores/pruning scores, but again, may see it in a future release.

Ive run into some troubles with the cats, mainly the fact that a large majority of the tar games I have looked into list the catagory as "1" - ibparcade used numerical catagories, and almost none of the games are actually sorted into a catagory.

It will be looked into further.

As for reporting a game.... fine. I will code it today.

A tournament system may come in a future version, we just want to get a public rc out now so we can get even more feedback than what all you beta testers have given.

I agree - having users playing games will give a good indication of any suggestions. I might add a line in the arcade to link to a thread to get feedback :) Then people can't complain in 6 months time!

Report game feature added. :ph34r:

Well done & thanks.

It's really looking great!

Other than what has been implemented already or discussed for possible future releases - is the ability to open games in another window. Some games are pretty damn small & the ability to enlarge makes them easier / more fun to play. I realize this would have to be for a future release - but I hope it is being considered.

A question I have (I haven't seen this in any of the postings here) is what type of games can be loaded & where do we find them? Will you have a listing of games on your site for those using iArcade?

Thanks!

Now.... some new news.
Dont stone me to death, please, I am all ears and open for feedback. Thas why im posting this.

Im sure youve seen the direction that the modding community has been going recently. With both Calypso and Nuclear General pulling their free mods from the IPS Resources area, we have been looking into our distribution method.

A solution that I have talked over with Andy is going to be Ioncube encoding.

Now, before you all flip out, we will not be encoding the mod. All public parts of this mod will be un-encoded. I personally hate encoding, and never use encoded scripts, so it pains me to even think about a drastic move like this.

However, we are considering encoding the admin interface of the mod. The admin file, and a license.php file would be encoded and a callhome would be setup, much like Anthony has done for his Bouncy Radio mods. Based on the positive feedback he has received for this, we are considering moving into this direction.

Also, For those of you using v3arcade, I have learned that they require all members to generate a license key tied to their domain before downloading their free arcade mod.

I think that we could achieve the same result.

I welcome your feedback, comments and concerns on this issue.

Archived