ipboard on grid - style hosts?

KiltsRock.com

I want to know if anyone has hosted IP.board on a grid-style host? My current host, while inexpensive and overflowing with bandwidth and space, is a one-server, many sites hosting company, and my site with IP.board v3 is running slow there. I'd like to know if anyone is using a grid or other distributed style host and how they perform.

any thoughts?

We can't respond, unfortunately. Discussing web hosts other than IPS Hosting on IPS' own forums is not allowed.

Remove the mention of the host you're considering, and it should be OK though as you're really asking if it'll work on distributed computing hosts. The answer to that is that it should work fine, so long as files are correctly available to all nodes (cache, avatars, etc)

[quote name='Mat (FDNZ)' date='17 November 2009 - 05:34 AM' timestamp='1258436066' post='1879943']
We can't respond, unfortunately. Discussing web hosts other than IPS Hosting on IPS' own forums is not allowed.

Remove the mention of the host you're considering, and it should be OK though as you're really asking if it'll work on distributed computing hosts. The answer to that is that it should work fine, so long as files are correctly available to all nodes (cache, avatars, etc)

sorry about that....edited as you suggested.

Archived