MySQL Crash

Hello,

Recently my MySQL server crashed and it seems that the EVENTS table in the information_schema database got corrupted.

When I try to backup a database with SQLYog, it runs the following statement...

When I try to repair the EVENTS table, it says access denied, and running mysql_upgrade doesn't help either. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Nick

select `EVENT_NAME` from `INFORMATION_SCHEMA`.`EVENTS` where `EVENT_SCHEMA` = 'database_name' order by EVENT_NAME

...and results in the following error:

Cannot proceed because system tables used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start

Do you have a dedicated server? If not, you need to contact your host. That 'INFORMATION_SCHEMA' is a MySQL system database, and nothing to do with IPB. Somebody with mysql root admin access may be able to repair the table, but if they fail, it looks fairly terminal.

I don't know the product you're using to do the backup, maybe other products wouldn't try to access this system table and would allow you to rescue some of the non-system database tables allowing you to reinstall after the MySQL system tables have been rebuilt?

Archived