Private message restrictions

grippo

I've not had much chance to play with 3.0.2 yet but I was wondering if this is possible with the software.....

I would like to be able to set it up so that admins and moderators can PM any member (and any member can PM any admin member or moderator), regardless of their PM settings.

To clarify a bit, I currently have two instances where people can't access the PM system at all:

1) I have members who have been caught breaking the rules of our PM system. Rather than install a admin-can-read-all-pms hack (which I don't agree with), I just ban them from the PM system altogether.

2) New members don't have PM access until they've made a set number of posts, as we were struck by PM spam earlier in the year and this seemed the most sensible way to counter such an attack.

The problem I have is that sometimes I need to contact these members - particularly the newbies who've only got 2 or 3 posts and it's nice to speak to them in private. I know I can e-mail, but it would be handy if the PM system could be used - particularly for my moderators who are working when I'm offline and can't get the e-mail address out of the ACP instantly.

So I want to keep some groups from PM-ing all of the other members, and are only able to use the PM system for contacting admins and moderators. Is this possible? Or is this something that could be added in the future? Or am I asking for flying cars and haven't got a chance? :P

Cheers.

Archived