[Suggestion] Make the birthday format (profile) editable

IPBSupport.de

I mean the format, not the birthday dates :)

All time formats on the board can be change (ACP ~> System Settings ~> Advanced ~> Date, Time and Number Formats ~> Date and Time Formats) but not the birthday format... :ermm:

[quote name='RobertMidd' date='05 August 2009 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1249481871' post='1838539']
I think the OP means the format ... for example Americans/Canadians will use MMDDYY but in the UK we use DDMMYY

Yes! :cool:

And we will use in germany DD.MM.YYYY :)

[quote name='RobertMidd' date='05 August 2009 - 10:17 AM' timestamp='1249481871' post='1838539']
I think the OP means the format ... for example Americans/Canadians will use MMDDYY but in the UK we use DDMMYY

I believe I corrected my first reply with an edit.

The Canadian format is DDMMYY but many succumb to the American format.

[quote name='sunrisecc' date='05 August 2009 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1249483458' post='1838553']
I believe I corrected my first reply with an edit.

The Canadian format is DDMMYY but many succumb to the American format.

Canadians are American's too. :)

I prefer the format of YYYY/MM/DD (or using -'s instead of /'s).

[quote name='sunrisecc' date='05 August 2009 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1249485513' post='1838593']
In business I use YYYY-MM-DD. On my board, I use DD-MMM-YYYY. For the time display, I use the 24hr display (military time for Wolfie)

@Wolfie: A Canadian is an un-armed American with health care. laugh.png

I like my arms thank you. Without them, my hands aren't quite as useful. :D

I like the YYYY MM DD format because it's pre-sorted, LTR, so when sorting other things (such as files on computers/etc), it's as simple as reading it as it is. I also like the 24hr format as it eliminates a lot of confusion.

Archived