Invisionpower.com suggestion

Malefickus

When at the main homepage for invisionpower.com, it says "My Account" at the top, which I think is great. However, once I am in "My Account", I am looking at "Your Tickets", "Your Invoices" etc. Any way to change that to "My Tickets," "My Invoices," "My Downloads" etc?

Just a small nitpicky thing, kinda makes it feel more personal in my opinion.

The whole reason for the word "My" instead of "Your" is to make it feel more personal. Such as in IP.Board, where it says "My Settings" or "My Profile." Makes the whole site in itself feel as if its been designed just for me (even though there may be hundreds or thousands of users).

[quote name='Malefickus' date='14 July 2009 - 10:02 AM' timestamp='1247580156' post='1826075']
The whole reason for the word "My" instead of "Your" is to make it feel more personal. Such as in IP.Board, where it says "My Settings" or "My Profile." Makes the whole site in itself feel as if its been designed just for me (even though there may be hundreds or thousands of users).

I know where you're coming from. To me, the menu title saying, "Your Account Options" would be it telling you that the listed items are your options, with the actual choices not having a My/Your label. Sort of like if someone were to say it to you, they'd say "Your options are" and then list the items, such as invoices and downloads.

Big difference would be that it's a title, not a link to something.

Archived