could it be added?

Zero5854

[quote name='bfarber' date='23 June 2009 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1245791596' post='1813245']
For the record I have nothing against adding a My Posts or My Topics link to the user dropdown at the top of the page.

That is, assuming it's wanted by enough people.

+1

[quote name='bfarber' date='23 June 2009 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1245802303' post='1813308']
For the record, it would simply be a link (or two) in the dropdown that did the same thing it does now. I wouldn't bring back the dhtml popup. It doesn't reduce server load really (it has to do the same exact work, just through a different interface) and it's more maintenance. But adding a link (near "My Gallery" and "My Blog" as we have here) wouldn't hurt if you ask me.

It doesnt do anything in the dropdown to search own posts now. Thats what Im saying. Whats the hurt to add a link in the dropdown to see your posts. Its a quick and easy way for the member who may be on the run to sign on and see if anyone responded to their posts recently ....especially on a busy forum

[quote name='Zero5854' date='24 June 2009 - 04:24 PM' timestamp='1245875062' post='1813710']
It doesnt do anything in the dropdown to search own posts now. Thats what Im saying. Whats the hurt to add a link in the dropdown to see your posts. Its a quick and easy way for the member who may be on the run to sign on and see if anyone responded to their posts recently ....especially on a busy forum

I am pretty sure that is already a feature and there is a watched content hook that you can enable for the front page of the forum. The member just has to set the flag in their settings to automatically subscribe to all topics they make or post in.

There are 2 links to hooks provided in this thread, both of which require zero file edits and do exactly what you ask for (plus extra features), so I don't think it's the end of the world if you don't successfully campaign to get IPS to add it.

LOL Looks like someone was listening!!!

see here for the code to add this link to the dropdown

see quick and easy and only one page load to see em!

post-144748-124588342467_thumb.png

http://resources.invisionpower.com/index.php?appcomponent=cms&module=articles&do=show_article&article=7846

[quote name='Zero5854' date='25 June 2009 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1245882964' post='1813776']
LOL Looks like someone was listening!!!

see here for the code to add this link to the dropdown

see quick and easy and only one page load to see em!

post-144748-124588342467_thumb.png

We were listening but looks like you weren't ;)

There are 3 different solutions on this page of the topic and you've just seen them? :blink:

http://resources.invisionpower.com/index.php?appcomponent=cms&module=articles&do=show_article&article=7846

OK whatever there were no solutions except the one posted in Articles. This topic is solved. thank for everyones input :)

Crap I have been posting way behind?? I am just now seeing this stuff? hmmm sorry if I spoke out of turn guys!

Archived