Out of memory...

Hi Guys,

I am not techy minded in the slightest so please bear with...

I maybe on the hunt for an alternative to Invisions servers as I have just run out of storage space and the next decent Invision package is going to double my costs.

This is what I have at the moment:-

1800MB diskspace
100GB bandwidth
Unlimited e-mail accounts
Unlimited FTP accounts
10 MySQL databases

and this is their alternative that would suffice for the next twelve months:-

3500Mb Storage Space
175Gb Data Transfer

At present I am using over 2100mb of storage, have in excess of 4500 members, that have contributed 400'000 posts and nearly 27'000 images in 18 months.

Is there anyway I can bulk resize the images to free up some MB and for that matter being able to auto compress/resize when a member uploads a pic?

Or do you have any really good alternative server services to Invision, that may save me some money and not give me problems, as my members cannot bear a laggy forum!

Hope I have made myself clear enough??? D'oh!!!

[quote name='Robulosity2' date='19 May 2009 - 06:20 AM' timestamp='1242714059' post='1803364']
One thing that I often run is the Remove Orphaned attachment/Images (This usually kills 100MB/month on my site)

as far as image resizing not overly sure of one off the top of my head =()

Appreciate your help, now all I need to know is where I'll find out how to 'Remove Orphaned attachments' and I wouldn't mind knowing what this actually relates too (does it rid of members attachments)?

Sorry but I did say I was a noob :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived