My board is down

Guest LeafLass

Hi. I understand this is not a tech support forum per se - but I'd appreciate any feedback (from fellow customers or IP staff).

Here's my situation:

Just got back from vacation and was advised (by my Mod) that the site has been down since Friday. She tried to get it resolved with 'Jason' from IP. Although she stated he was very helpful, of course, there are limits (as SHE is not exactly the client) - also, he had requested things of her that she couldn't do (run queries etc).

I am getting the following message when I try to access my board:

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

I submitted a ticket over an hour ago (no response as yet). I tried calling - but am unable to reach tech support (due to high call volume). Basically, I'm just impatient - I really needed the board to be up while I was on vacation for 4 days. And while IP certainly isn't responsible for the very bad timing, I DO need resolution ASAP.

I finally switched to a paid board after various degrees of success with free ones (over the past 8 years). I finally thought I'd found stability :-(. Any input/feedback/assistance would be appreciated. (IE - what is the average wait for a reply to a support ticket? Does anyone know what that Driver Error mean? Should I contact the host tech support to rule out whether it's their end?)

Thanks

You are not able to get support on the IPS company forums.

You will need to post in the Peer2Peer forum and you may get an answer from another customer or simply wait for IPS to deal with your ticket ... an hour is not that long when the standard license has a 2 day turnaround on tickets although they will so their best to deal with it sooner.

I believe we just spoke on the phone. Basically one of your tables was corrupt and needed to be repaired.
Here is a list of common causes for corrupt tables: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/cor...sam-tables.html

You may want to contact your webhost to see if they had any issues with the server.

In order to know about the issue, we would have to have an alternate contact on your account, or you, contact us regarding it. This can be done through the ticket system or phones. Once this is done, we will be happy to fix the issue as soon as possible.

But I am glad this has been sorted out for you now. :)

Archived