Suggestion for IP.Board

Guest Peter F.

I would like to see the following option integrated into the default build:

The option for the admin on a per forum basis to only allow people to see topics that they start in the forum. The admin should also be able to allow specific group to view all of the topics in the forum, with admins set as the default group.

The option for the admin to set users posts to be moderated on a per forum basis (as in i could set user AA to be moderated in a specific forum...but nowhere else on the site)

Yeah would be good. At the moment IP.Board has this on a group permission scheme, but if you want to set it via certain forums, and not groups, you cant :).

I could see this very useful for customer one-to-one support forums, or 'ban appeals' forums :)

Yeah, at the moment whole systems are needed if you want something like this. It would work well with feedback forums and the like, which most sites have, as well as support, pre-sales, etc (which a lot of forums have).
It's not like it's something that's *hard* to implement either, could just add it to the permission masks.

Yeah would be good. At the moment IP.Board has this on a group permission scheme, but if you want to set it via certain forums, and not groups, you cant :).

I could see this very useful for customer one-to-one support forums, or 'ban appeals' forums :)

Yeah, at the moment whole systems are needed if you want something like this. It would work well with feedback forums and the like, which most sites have, as well as support, pre-sales, etc (which a lot of forums have).

It's not like it's something that's *hard* to implement either, could just add it to the permission masks.

these are exactly the reasons why i would like to see this feature implemented...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived