Theme Usage

Guest .altdas

On our forum, we use the the new IPB theme.

We would like to use the same theme for our site, I am wondering if we could use the images from this theme on it?
We would totally give you guys credit, and not say we made it.

You would probably need a license to do this, I asked about 4 years ago before I got my license if I could convert the IPB 2.0. skin to phpBB and that was the answer I got.

Well in your case you were taking it to a competing product. In this alternative case I imagine it would be a bit different. If someone was using IPB and wanted to build a theme around IPB I see no reason that it would not be allowed. I mean they do encourage it through the use of the IPB portal. As long as you are continuing to use the product I see less of a problem if you are just using items for a theme and giving credit where it is due.

The person never mentioned whether he was using (an older version perhaps, of)IPB or not though, he could have converted the skin for his forums, and now wants it for his website.
But I'm clueless, not enough information was given.. :lol:

The person never mentioned whether he was using (an older version perhaps, of)IPB or not though, he could have converted the skin for his forums, and now wants it for his website.

But I'm clueless, not enough information was given.. :lol:

lol, I'm running IPB 2.3.1. And I just want to use the theme images on my site part of it.

Archived