Trashcan

Guest ¤Neville¤

WHat i would realy, really, really like in IPB 2.3 is, a small trashcan button next to your designated trash can forum, and when you click that button, a drop down box says, 'Empty Trash Can', & 'Restore Items', & 'Schedule emptying of trashcan after x amount of days'. Also, the button should have a little trash in it to show its full. Also when you empty it you shouldnt have to load a new page, it should be AJAX. Hows that?

I use the mass purge option to delete topics older than x days. I agree it is not a task, but fairly easy to do. I also use a task now (available in IPSB) to purge topics which have had no posts in x days. I could easily create another similar task now just for the Trash Can forum.

Your suggestions contain merit but not for 2.3. It should be for a later version. I want 2.3 ASAP just for the bug fixes from 2.2 and for the ease of load that it promises.

there has been conversation about the empty trash can idea and the restore idea isn't really a practicle one because we empty to tidy up space and forums, if we have a restore option all that data would have to archived somewhere.

Archived