Skype Field

Guest ¤Neville¤

Skype has become immensely popular, right? And after all, they are using IPB, so why not add a Skype field? When you click the Skype field, im not sure what the protocol is, something like skype: or callme:, which opens up the persons Skype id in Skype. I known it's a mod, but it deserves to be standard.

I'm pretty sure there was some talk about the feasibility of making those fields custom in future - for my own part, I'd like to see a GTalk field and removal of the ICQ field, so I guess everyone wants to use different things. :)

• 3 weeks later...

i think thsiis how it should be:

under, Member No.: 98165

just have a little blue skype style button with the text of "call me" and then if you do so, it calls the person, and above the call me basically inbetween the Member No.: and call me, just have a little icon if the person is online in skype.

and actually, i think that with the new beta thing that skype is doing through the internet, it is going to be much easier to call the person and findout if their online or not...

il go check it out...

never mind, im not sure if your already aware of this, but ive seen a mod in action, and i think its from invisionise, and it shows what the current availability of the skype user is, and if you click the button showing the users status in skype, it opens skype and calls the person.

i dunno, but it works perfectly for me...

Archived