member notification

Guest Super Mr Average

I'm a convert from vbulletin and I noticed that the current new member notification isn't too good because it just doesn't have any details

The current member notification

Hello,

You have received this email because a new user has registered!

test completed their registration on Mar 7 2007, 09:25 PM

You can turn off user notification in the Admin Control Panel

Have a super day!

Regards,

The wAmbAm.Net team.

http://www.wambam.net/invision/index.php

But i propose that it should have a more useful message that at least tells you who the member is that registered with a link to their profile

There is a new user, test123 at wAmbAm.Net

To view their profile, go here:

http://www.wambam.net/invision/index.php?showuser=1

Email Address : **********************

Birthday : June 24, 1982

Referrer: N/A

IP Address: ***********

The problem with that is that there's no profile portal information entered during registration, there's not even a row inserted into that table in the database for the new member. Birthday and gender isn't filled out during registration, you'd need to install a seperate modification for that.

The problem with that is that there's no profile portal information entered during registration, there's not even a row inserted into that table in the database for the new member. Birthday and gender isn't filled out during registration, you'd need to install a seperate modification for that.

My suggestion isn't really about profile fields its more about knowing who joined I mean there are other details that could be emailed even if it isn't profile fields

Although that does lead me onto another suggestion about admin choosable profile fields to be filled in during registration

Archived