"Report this post to a moderator" button

Guest dflorin

on boards that require registration to allow posting, validating members may use the "report this post to a moderator" button.
of course, they do not report anything and do not write anything remotely usefull. most of the times trolls use this button to spam the moderators (including swearing). the only available choice is to remove this facility completely (from acp).

i would like to have this button restricted to registered AND VALIDATED members. it would avoid a lot of problems.

thank you.

There is a mod made by Fusoya that limits the permissions used for this. You might think of installing it. Check IPSBeyond.

I would like to leave it, because I don't have problems with this and never have experienced any.

• 2 months later...

@dflorin

I too had that problem on the IPB sites I own and others I tech support on. Fusoya saved the day yet again in allowing us to set it for VIP level use only. We had from spammers, to simple language barrier problems where spanish members thought it was an auto reply to a post, as that symbol is popular there for that exact reason.

Archived