Per user option: disable image resizing

Guest Gogf

I've tried to like the image resizing feature. And it's worked - at least to some extent. The feature works as intended, no longer breaks linked images, and I've even gotten used to the black bar above it. But would it be possible to give us the option to turn it off in our profiles? Using the feature doesn't reduce server load, so there's no reason for admins to want their users to have it enabled, and I still find the feature very annoying.

Seeing a signature changed to 96% of its actual size and being forced to click on it in order to see it unobstructed is a waste of time. I understand that this is the cost for being able to avoid page-breaking images, but for some people the benefit does not outweigh the cost. Being able to turn off a feature like this is hardly "bloat," and I think quite a few people would be very happy with that option.

Is there even a way to customize the way it looks without much trouble? Like remove the bar and change how the "View larger" thing looks? Honestly I think that there should be an option (in AdminCP) to where if the percentage it's resizing it to is over 90% it shouldnt resize it at all.

Even better... Javascript-powered resizer that bumps the image up to full size in a single click, without the need to open another window.

:whistle:

Excellent idea. This coupled with the per-user option would be perfect in my book.

Archived