Plugin

Guest Majdi 2.1

hello

will IPB 2.2 have a plugin manager?

it means that we wont have to modify source code when installing mods/hacks

there will be a part in admin panel wich install mods with a simple click

They are working on ways on how to do this, but I suspect no matter what they do, there will always be some hack that will require modifications.

I don't see the big issue about making the modifications myself, it does not take long if you know what your doing. If you don't know what your doing, then you should learn what your doing, because using code you don't understand is how hackers add hostile code to your website.

They have said, they are working on it for a future release.

They are working on ways on how to do this, but I suspect no matter what they do, there will always be some hack that will require modifications.

I don't see the big issue about making the modifications myself, it does not take long if you know what your doing. If you don't know what your doing, then you should learn what your doing, because using code you don't understand is how hackers add hostile code to your website.

They have said, they are working on it for a future release.

I have a great example of an implemented plugin system
www.mybboard.com

by the way
it save too much time and reduce the risk to make errors.
also when upgrading it make it easier

I have a great example of an implemented plugin system

www.mybboard.com

by the way

it save too much time and reduce the risk to make errors.

also when upgrading it make it easier

You will always have to update modifications to suppose new versions, its easier to add code, of course I take the time to understand why something works before I use it.

The components system does this. It does support third party plug ins, as if you go to IPSBeyond you will notice a whole category with custom components. The only problem is, modders prefer to modify the code. Either because it's easier for them, safer for you or their mod simply is too complex for the components system.

Archived