A question I just thought of for licensing

Guest Keven Fox

Okay, say I have 1 Perpetual and 1 Yearly license.

Since 1 is perpetual you have access to future builds and updates, so you'd be able to update the yearly as well.

I mean morally maybe not, but I would think it wouldn't be that big a deal?

Morally, that would be bad. Also, each major (or even point) upgrade embeds your new license key, and the result of a validation by IPS would be a negative, making your license invalid. What they would do, I don't know, but they would be within the terms of the agreement to terminate your licenses and demand you remove all copies of the software. Don't do it, mmkay?

Your license key is included in the download.

And your license key is tied to the domain for that board.

So if you did what you mentioned, you would likely have the Piracy Department contacting you. :)

Aww :(

I don't have the money to have both anyway, but was thinking of raising money for a yearly to donate to someone who needs it. She runs a rehab center for wildlife and pets and is stuck with phpbb.

Thanks for the reply

Your license key is included in the download.

And your license key is tied to the domain for that board.

So if you did what you mentioned, you would likely have the Piracy Department contacting you. :)

I thought the key wasnt tied to the downloads now, if it is I have a problem. Ive installed a board before, then bought another license, and switched the domains of the two licenses, because I decided that I wanted the first domain to get more support and download access (it should be noted that the license I changed the domains on was still valid, meaning my board version is still fine - as both licenses are active, one just will last longer) I'd be pretty miffed if I had to change the files across just to be safe!

Archived