Account Locking

Guest .Cameron

I don't understand the issue..?

It seems your account was locked, which is a default feature of IPB 2.2

If there are 3 failed login attempts the account will lock for 15 minutes - then automatically unlock.

There is a negitive sign (-) in front of the 1 making it -1.
lest
thinks so

Did you change any settings for the account locking feature? And what exactly did you do to duplicate this?

No, I didn't change any settings. I forgot which password I used and after three guesses it locked me out. I refreshed the page every couple minutes and it counted down from 15 like I presume it should have. I thought it was odd when I still couldn't log in at 0 Minutes, and then it started to go into negatives.

I am curious, when you exceed a X number of failed logins does it lock the entire account for anyone to access or does it lock your ip address from trying to login at all? I think it should lock your ip address because what if someone maliciously tries to login someones account over and over just to keep it locked?

I am curious, when you exceed a X number of failed logins does it lock the entire account for anyone to access or does it lock your ip address from trying to login at all? I think it should lock your ip address because what if someone maliciously tries to login someones account over and over just to keep it locked?

It locks your IP.

Archived