Installing error .. template part

Guest amr.salah@live.com

during installation
Inserting templates...
--> never complete and redirect to fatal error

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\IP.Board\install\core\actions\install.php on line 854

and when try to go the forum index give me this error
IPB WARNING [2] ipsclass::load_template_from_php(C:\wamp\www\IP.Board/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_4/skin_global.php) [function.load-template-from-php]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory (Line: 2105 of \sources\ipsclass.php)

i also gotten an error in the templete area but the error i got was this

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@beta.winxperts.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Looked in logs it say s sometinhg about a missing file.......

[client ***.***.***.***] File does not exist: /home/kw13/(site address)/internal_error.html,
referer: http://(site address)/install/index.php?p=install&sub=templates

does anyone know whats causing this error? i even tried removing every file and reuplading it and all still geting the same problem..... :(

Can you provide us with the end of your PHP error log? Alternatively, your Apache error log should have an entry ABOVE the one you provided us which will be more helpful (the last error before the not found one)

what about my error :D

Sure, pop open your PHP.INI file and search for and change the max_execution_time entry to something... much higher. I'd say 300 should do it, that would be five minutes.

To the IPS folks: are you utilising http://nz.php.net/function.set-time-limit? If not, why not? After all "When called, set_time_limit() restarts the counter from zero"

i try to go to the next link in installation that would be (http://localhost/IP.Board/install/index.php?p=install&sub=other) and have this nice error

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\www\IP.Board\install\core\actions\install.php on line 24

Warning: action_install::install_other(C:/wamp/www/IP.Board/ips_kernel/class_db_.php) [function.install-other]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\IP.Board\install\core\actions\install.php on line 607

i think both our areas are the same:) so who ever helps us would help both, checking into apach logs, i posted a log once but guess its not what theywanted

Pretty much, if you recall, the bottom of your error was "Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request" - the error you provided us is the 404 Error, which occurred as a RESULT of the 500 Error we want more info on. Mmkay? So, if you can, grab the entry before that in the Apache Error Log, and if possible, the last few lines of your PHP error log (hoping against hope you have one!)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\www\IP.Board\install\core\actions\install.php on line 24

Warning: action_install::install_other(C:/wamp/www/IP.Board/ips_kernel/class_db_.php) [function.install-other]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\IP.Board\install\core\actions\install.php on line 607

Sorry to suggest this, scratch your databases and start with a fresh set of files.

this is not the error u wante? [client ***.***.***.***] File does not exist: /home/kw13/(site address)/internal_error.html,

You did in fact pull that from the Apache error logs, so you're in the right place, we just need the one ABOVE that error, because that one just tells us that you don't have a custom 500 Error page set up :)

Here ya go

[Fri Sep 22 13:43:01 2006] [error] [client ***********] Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi, referer: http://www.***********/ipb/install/index.p...p;sub=templates
[Fri Sep 22 13:43:02 2006] [error] [client ***********] File does not exist: /home/kw13/***********/internal_error.html, referer: http://www.***********/ipb/install/index.p...p;sub=templates

thats it then it repeaasts agina becouse i tried more then once

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. The server you're using, does it have a control panel? And if so, is it Plesk, cPanel, Webmin, Virtualmin, or something else?

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. The server you're using, does it have a control panel? And if so, is it Plesk, cPanel, Webmin, Virtualmin, or something else?

And something else just came to me. If you are a Dreamhost user, disable "Run PHP as CGI" in your control panel.

Well we got to our hosting company for the panel and top right it says admin web panel,(also see Welcome to the Web Panel) at the very bottom it says New Dream Network, if this is not what ur looking for let me know how to fin it please :)

edit, yea imdreamhost, :) might be my problem

Well we got to our hosting company for the panel and top right it says admin web panel,(also see Welcome to the Web Panel) at the very bottom it says New Dream Network, if this is not what ur looking for let me know how to fin it please :)

edit, yea imdreamhost, :) might be my problem

Yes, I'm psychic. I charge only $5 for readings, payable by Western Union or any other sort of non-reversible payment method.

Sure, pop open your PHP.INI file and search for and change the max_execution_time entry to something... much higher. I'd say 300 should do it, that would be five minutes.

To the IPS folks: are you utilising

http://nz.php.net/function.set-time-limit

? If not, why not? After all "When called, set_time_limit() restarts the counter from zero"

nothing change

nothing change

You did start from scratch AS WELL as make that change right? Unfortunately the IPB Installer has already screwed up the installation you're trying to perform, you now need to Drop the Database, recreate it, and Reinstall with a Fresh set of files - after making that change, which you did. See if that makes a difference, and get back to us.

i do what u said i also delete the old files and put new one but no change :D

Ok, so let's make sure I'm still with you. You don't get the "Maximum Time Exceeded" error anymore, right? And you started again from a fresh database at step one? And now the only error you're getting is "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\wamp\www\IP.Board\install\core\actions\install.php on line 24" correct? If I can get it all clear in my mind, I might be able to come up with something :)

no .. the Maximum Time Exceeded is still

yes .. i started again from a fresh database at step one

Ok, this is definitely a concern. So you're now getting "Maximum time of 300 seconds exceeded in ..." right? If not, and you're still getting "Maximum time of 30 seconds exceeded in"... doh! You might need to restart Apache (you're using WAMP, so I think you can do that from its icon by the clock, I haven't used it so someone else would need to step in there on that)

Error still

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\IP.Board\install\core\actions\install.php on line 854

php.ini now

max_execution_time = 522552    ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 8M     ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

nb:i restart the WAMP

Archived