Charge a user to Post i.e "Pay to Post"

Guest Webby007

:thumbsup:

Hi,

What would be great is to see as an option with Invision is be able to charge some one to be able to make/start a thread - so this could be good for Classified Advertising. Somethign like that.

I thought it would fit nice in with subscriptions - or something like that 0 where it says "Duration" - then you can select " one post" - then a sub category under it for which forum to apply it to.

Just an idea - this type of thing is only available through mods on older versions of the boards - so why not make it as a standard feature.

Might draw some good attention!

:thumbsup:

Gah, I couldn't see how anyone would pay per post >< even in an advertising environment, being as noone would read them.

You can't...that's a tad narrow minded - a site that generates tons of traffic - wants to make special section that would be deemed as a great asset to advertisers for a small price would be excellent.

Look at Sitepoint: Sitepoint Market Place

They make a stack based on the ammount of pageviews they get etc - and because of it use it as a leverage tool to sell in additional services which are pay-per-post...

Check it out :) - you may get my logic behind what i'm saying

You can't...that's a tad narrow minded - a site that generates tons of traffic - wants to make special section that would be deemed as a great asset to advertisers for a small price would be excellent.

Look at Sitepoint:

Sitepoint Market Place

They make a stack based on the ammount of pageviews they get etc - and because of it use it as a leverage tool to sell in additional services which are pay-per-post...

Check it out :) - you may get my logic behind what i'm saying

"Look at this site you've never heard of"

The thing is who wants to go to a forum on their own free will for a site that is nothing but filled with advertisements, I get that while doing USEFUL things. :P

You could probably write an easy mod and php script to do it though, when they subscribe it adds the ability to post once, when they do it removes it, done.

"Look at this site you've never heard of"

The thing is who wants to go to a forum on their own free will for a site that is nothing but filled with advertisements, I get that while doing USEFUL things. :P

You could probably write an easy mod and php script to do it though, when they subscribe it adds the ability to post once, when they do it removes it, done.

To be fair, a lot of people have heard of sitepoint ;)

But yes, I believe this is best left to a mod, it suits a classified ads script more than it suits a forum in my opionion.

Sitepoint is extremely popular... he's probably a member now :whistle:

I see what your saying about it being a mod Stewart, is invisionize the best place to float this idea?

Or do you know any modders off hand, that i could contact directly?

Webby

Archived