A couple of suggestions even though i do not have the product

Guest phpcoderr

i have a couple points which i would like to suggest here.
1) Users should have an option to add users as favourite users in their list and a request should be sent to added user asking him wether to accept him or not.

2) There should be a system showing us how active is the user in general in the past few months by a start next to him name ( the brighter the star the more active he is )
3) an option to hide topics from certain groups to view

4) a small personal guestbooks for everyusers profile where he could leave a small message to favourite users

5) I personally think some1 should something about this overloaded sticked threads. I have forum in phpbb3 and guess what its full of sticked thread and i cant delete any1 of theme since they are important. What annoying is for users who post a topic always positioned 2 pages after the sticiked threads. so would you think tis possible to introudcue a system where you could set a certain number sticked threads displayed in a page and then it generates new once everytime for e.g you refresh page after a couple of mints.
6) A new community product where users are able to make their own mini board forum clubs. For example a userscreats a club called football where people post topic only about football and have an option to use attachment only for that specific club. It would be cool to have such thing and believe it would make forums 2 times bigger.

7) Users profile should be expanded a little more. By adding a small custom box where user could put a description of themselves with a user statistic own system showing how many hits he got from other people visiting, how many messages he posted.....etc

8) Shortcuts icons for products such as communityblog. There should a shortcut icon. E.g after users posts a topic an icon should appear saying whether the person has created a blog or not.

9) I have many other ideas but dunno if these ideas sound bullfaeces for you guys so i will be stopping here lol

1-2) I have no opinon on this since I'd never use it.

3) You can hide forums from groups.

4) Isn't that called PM? ;)

5) taking care of stickied threads is the responsibility of board management. Move the 'threads' to a 'read me' as a normal web page if it's that much of a pain (and, frankly, no one reads them anyway :P It sucks but there you are)

6) That should be at the decision of the person moding and running the board. There has to be some control.

7) I think you can expand your profiles, adding in custom fields.

8) That's in their profile, though you could probably put it as a link by their name for their posts...

• 9 months later...

skahurr,

why are you bothering to make suggestions about something you know nothing about? Very odd.

All the things you suggested are already present in my licensed versions of IPB 2.1.7, and have been for a long time, not just in 2.2.

I would go and clear out all your 'sticked' posts if you've got that much time on your hands.

yeah i never new you had custom fields in profile with last visiters latests users hits in 1/1/2006 which was just introduced in 2.2.
what noob next time look at the dateposted and read what i have posted and compare it with 2.2 most of suggestion suggested are the features added in 2.2 users profile.
im not sure if they already had the same idea as mine but they added is that was excatly i meant.
So STFU i just said what i though

skahurr,

why are you bothering to make suggestions about something you know nothing about? Very odd.

All the things you suggested are already present in my licensed versions of IPB 2.1.7, and have been for a long time, not just in 2.2.

I would go and clear out all your 'sticked' posts if you've got that much time on your hands.

The friends feature was in 2.1? Oh I see... it's a lot less... advanced. That "Contact List" thing was pretty shabby.

But yes, the "Activity Indicator" (also called Pips) was in 1.0, the "Hide Topics from Certain Groups" was in 1.0, the "Advanced Profile Page" is actually new in 2.2 but you know, and the link to users blogs (etc) still has to be hacked in if you want it.

Archived