Chargeback protection

Guest Baxter_jb

Hey I just wanted to throw this idea out there. In the past 3 years since accepting subscriptions I've had a fair number of chargebacks through paypal. What I'd like to see implemented is if the customer subscribes using an email other then the one they signed up with that it makes them verify there purchased email before activating the subscription. Of course this would be settable via the acp per gateway.

I agree but what I'd like to see is that someone paying with a different email then the one they registered with (and verified) have to confirm the email belongs to them before starting subscription. I'm not saying it will eliminate it but would cut down on it I believe.

I agree but what I'd like to see is that someone paying with a different email then the one they registered with (and verified) have to confirm the email belongs to them before starting subscription. I'm not saying it will eliminate it but would cut down on it I believe.

Thats sounds like a really good idea.

I can see the value in that, though I (personally) would be annoyed :)

My 'billing' email address is one I dedicated for use with all online purchases.
My 'forum' email is ... well, mine :)

People using paypal often have multiple email accounts as well. Having to verify 'No, really, I am <altemail>' would be annoying, but not horrificly so.

Archived