Two ideas/three

Guest Dlf

[*]Ability to manage topic multi moderation [TMM] better - My suggestion is say someone adds alot of TMM to there forum [like 50] they [if they are admin] can arrange them into catgories/something of TMM. So [example sorry if this is bad]:

CLOSED
  • Closed by request
  • Closed because of Violation of rules
  • Closed because {reason} (besides the two above)
  • Moved by request
  • Moved becasue of violation
  • Moving to correct forum
  • Moved/Moving becase of (reason)

So if this was added instead of having all those above + more clutered into the TMM screen the admin can arrange them. The way that arrange them in the screen (by catgory) would also show for the TMM box in a topic or forum. [*]MOVED I had more but I forgot them. drat. >_< >_< :blush:

More ideas

• Hidden or not visable categories - Just was on my board and though that without going to the permissions or settings you can't see weather the category is able to be seen (or without going to the board). idea: Some way in the ACP be able to tell on the forum page page (with all the forums/sub forums/categories) be able to tell weather the category/orum/subforum is visable. [or something].
  • Clickable categories - Like forums and sub forums (etc) it would be nice to be able to click on the categories within the ACP to just deal with them instead of seeing all the others.
  • XML exportable files - Currently for like manage ban filters you can't export an file (xml I think) to save to your computer. Would it be probabble, nay, possible to do that for some of the thigns we can't currently right now? So we could say upload some where else?
    • Manage ban filters
    • custom profile management (custom profile fields)

i'll think of more later.
[*]Clickable links:In ACP->MANAGEMENT->PERMISSION MARKS->(GROUP)->EDIT who would like for the forum name (links) to be clickable so you can be taken to that forum in the same window/tab/new window/tab? I would it probably make admining a bit eaier.

Even more:

• TOPIC
[*]HOT & [*]POLL & [*]LOCKED & [*]MOVED &
  1. [*]
More topic Option => I've suggested this before and i've also had the idea for a while but what about more options when you want to sort topics.

ORDER (OBJECT):

[*]ORDER: Last post was made by (member)(s) [*]ORDER: Last poster was {mname} [*]ORDER: Topic Starter is (mname) [*]ORDER: Topic Started (mdate) [*]ORDER: ATTACHMENTS* [*]ORDER: REPLIES (mamount) [*]ORDER: VIEWS (mamount)

TOPICS (THING)

OPEN &
  • HOT
  • POLL
  • MOVED
  • I STARTED
  • I REPLIED TO
  • POLLS
  • MOVED
  • I STARTED
  • I REPLIED TO
  • MOVED
  • I STARTED/REPLIED TO
  • MOVED
  • I STARTED/REPLIED TO
  • I STARTED
  • REPLIED TO

OTHER SUGGESTIONS:

[*]ATTACHEMENTS => Diffrent color attachement
[*]Colors in color section chnage of topic (near strike though). This would be a BIG HELP to those of us that can't tell colors very easily do to something (like color blindness).
I'll come up with more later.
[*]GIF -> Yellow [*]JPEG -> BLUE [*]BITMAP -> BROWN (correct if wrong. I can't tell some colors. :unsure: >_< >_< <_< :( ) [*]ETC. The Admin change. so for 5 in the ORDER suggestion of this topic you could sort topics based on the attachement type(s) in the topic.

More ides (but to do with skinning, sorry if the ACP /the script does this) but:

• In the skin changes could the removed and added HTML be diffrent colors. To the source they red and green which i'm color blind to (they look the same or similar to me). Could matt or bfarber (or someone) [or have a option] change those. Make one like blue the other orange? This would really help. Why do people never think of the color blind?
  • For skinning in the ACP could it "added" that when you leave a tag like <td> or <table> open (no start or end tag) you get a little javascript window saying you like like: table> (on line) is left open, please close it. Or would you want the ACP to do it for you (yes) (no)? This would help those that for skinning changes (between upgrades) copy the entire thing and don't get the entire "script".

The mini profile should tell you a little more about the person, at a glance, than they do now.

I think, at least, country should be a required field. Knowing some people here are from the UK greatly explains some posts that don't make any sense to me as an American. I see they're British - OK, that answers it. I don't mean to sound prejudiced, but there's a lot going on over there that we have no idea about over here - and probably vice versa.

I semi just got a idea from that:
  • Option to make a whole new "screen" for "new" infomation. Like say I add a lot of custom_profile_fields (can we just DUB that CPF?) It makes the length of the page longer also than the infomation fields don't "match" up. What i'm suggesting is a "extra" screen for the CPF.
    • Sub suggestion of that: Collasable CPF on that "extra" screen (or just on the normal profile screen).
    • SJOT (sub_suggestion_of_that. not that above, first "list): Admin (or user) can arrange the CPF into categories they want like:
      • Yes/No
      • ETA

[*]They can also arranage the "categories" the way they want and move the "fields" within them
  • Sub topic
  • Sub poll options

I've done it once again :P . More ideas :blink: :blink:

• Revert all settings = Has anyone changed lots of settings in the view all general settings in TOOLS & SETTING, and wanted to revert all of them with one or so mouse clicks? Idea: Some way in the categories (when you click VAGS) (or when you click a "category" like topics, posts, and polls) to revert every setting to the default.
  • More user choose settings = Would anyone think a good idea for the My Controls part of the board would be user can choose settings? Like say the admin turns on (max) 40 posts and topics per forum, yet I want more. (I actually do) with the choose of choosing more settings my self I could.
  • Basic and Advanced UCP (User Control Panel) = With [these|this] idea there'd be two types of UCP. Basic and Advanced. Basic would be for the new admins, and members, they'd have every settings advanced has except they have a "piciture" to show what the settings does (if possible), more like a guided mode of the UCP. Advanced would be for more advanced users that don't need a "guide".
  • Mass manage = For admins
    • ACP->MANGEMENT->ATTACHEMENTS->ATTACHEMENT STATS
      • Ability to check more than one "image" at a time (so you can "mass" mange them)
      • Ability to check forums faster (so you can add forum mods faster, etc)
      • Admin can mass manage them. like they can "mass delete' them, mass edit them, etc

[*]ACP->MANAGEMENT->FORUM CONTROL->MANAGE FORUMS [*]ACP->MANAGEMENT->USERS AND GROUPS->CUSTOM PROFILE FIELDS

I'd be susprised if any or all of the suggestions actualy did make it into 3.0.0 or a secruity release. If wondring, I did come up with all of those above (all the post) my self, just doing some "randon" stuff/things that probably had ntohing to with the idea it self. I just sometimes get ideas from other ideas like while i'm typing I come up with yet another idea, sort of like the Mass Manage in my above post. Nice to know the topic has alot of views (over 240!) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: o:) :huggles: :sweating: =]

I think I might have just found a bug.

• 2 weeks later...

Mehr ideas:

• ACP->MANAGEMENT. When looking at the forums. What aobut an option (setting) for admin(s) [or people with access] to be able to seem like they are a (insert group) and see what they would see.
    • <ex> My TTC forum has a couple of forums, but I want to make almost all of them invisable to guests except a few, I can see what forums they can see if I go each forum, permission marks, or the forum and log out of the my admin account, which probably takes a couple of minutes(?)</ex> What I am proposing is a tab (or something) in that ACP where those with ACCESS can see the forum the group(s) can see.
    • This would be for (every?) place where you can use HTML, could also be with BBOCDE.

Tis all for now! :D :P <_< .
i am like a good person when it comes to thinking of ideas for things: like forum software. :D :P [*]"Live HTML (or bbcode) prewview". If you go to various sections within the ACP like ACP->MANGEMENT->CREATE NEW FORUM->FORUM DESCRIPTION it says you can use HTML, but untill you go to the forum you can't see if the HTML does, yes you might know what like: <B>, <I> <U> <EM> <P> <STRIKE> {or <s>}, etc does but say you leave a start or end tag (< >) than you'd have to reopen and get to the descrip again. Suggestion: A live preview, or a "error" (above) (message) that says like you have left a (tag) open, would you want the forum to (re)add in the tag so the (tag(s)) work?

And do you people actually like my ideas/read them?

• 3 weeks later...

One more idea. For the skin manger. Ability to remove JUST changes to like the CSS, HTML templates, etc THAT DAY. So say (for example) I change some of the HTML in like GLOBAL_BOARD_HEADER, all this week (mods) {I am not really} then today, I add something and it "scriews" up the board, insteaad of reverting the entire thing back, I can just have an "undo" option for "today".

Sound doable/reasonable?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Better logs (admin and mod)
  • Speical "make this invisable" only to admins (i do somethings with my forum that "do" with school, I don't want the "rest" of the staff, seeing it, even if I make it "invisable"
  • Admin option weather mods, CAN delete admin posts.
I have more ideas, I'm just saving them to request elsewere. :P

• 1 month later...

Archived