better template design

Guest outshineguy

it would be better if ipb can have a better template designing.because the posting form and private messages form looks so congested.they should be aligned nicely.i use vb and their designs are incredible.it is a seroius defect of ibp.Everbody knows that a website can perform well on www only if it has two thing.
(1)good content
(2)good design.

ipb should take some guidance from vb and should invest some time in designing and aligning its templates.Even phpbb templates looks much decent.it would be better if the code is xhtml compliant.
thanks.

Have you looked at the posting screens of 2.1 at all? Or the 2.1 ACP? A lot of the external design is being refined. And while I agree that vB has very nice images, and a better overall design, vB also has a very "thrown together" internal design, whereas with IPB, everything is uniform and standardized, which I believe is most important.

Have you looked at the posting screens of 2.1 at all? Or the 2.1 ACP? A lot of the external design is being refined. And while I agree that vB has very nice images, and a better overall design, vB also has a very "thrown together" internal design, whereas with IPB, everything is uniform and standardized, which I believe is most important.

i happen to agree and i also think James Mathias did an awesome job with the 2.0.x style template/skin i like this better then all ipb defaults :thumbsup:

i happen to agree and i also think James Mathias did an awesome job with the 2.0.x style template/skin i like this better then all ipb defaults :thumbsup:

For sure. IPB 2.x (Final) has by far the best IPB design to date. I wasn't disagreeing with you in any way.

ya i have seen the posting screens but i cannot paise it.ofcourse it is better than prvoius versions but it still needs improvement.it is design which attracts customers towards vbulletin.

ya i have seen the posting screens but i cannot paise it.ofcourse it is better than prvoius versions but it still needs improvement.it is design which attracts customers towards vbulletin.

Not really. Most people who use vBulletin use it because of its scalability and features. My advice is to use the vBulletin skin that's available from Invisionize, and works with IPB 2.x. You can see a demo of it http://dragons.webplanethost.com/forums/index.php?act=idx" target="_blank">here.

Not really. Most people who use vBulletin use it because of its scalability and features. My advice is to use the vBulletin skin that's available from Invisionize, and works with IPB 2.[i]x[/i]. You can see a demo of it

http://dragons.webplanethost.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

]here[/url].

That looks really tacky. If you want to look like vBulletin then just get vBulletin. Dressing an IPB up like a vB is a complete bastardization...

it would be better if ipb can have a better template designing.because the posting form and private messages form looks so congested.they should be aligned nicely.i use vb and their designs are incredible.it is a seroius defect of ibp.Everbody knows that a website can perform well on www only if it has two thing.

(1)good content

(2)good design.

ipb should take some guidance from vb and should invest some time in designing and aligning its templates.Even phpbb templates looks much decent.it would be better if the code is xhtml compliant.

thanks.

IPB has a skinning system for exactly this reason. If you don't like it, change it on your board. :)

That looks really tacky. If you want to look like vBulletin then just get vBulletin. Dressing an IPB up like a vB is a complete bastardization...

I know it looks tacky, but for those who really want a vB skin for IPB... It's at least a start.

I think that there's nothing wrong with the current template system.

If you need help with reorganizing certain template bits to suit your needs, there are many people who are willing to help. :)

My personal opinion: vBulletin's design is ugly, and cluttery. That's all I'll say about vB... :-"

Archived