Limited PM Feature

Guest Logan

Hello,
This has been discussed before and I think it needs to be fixed for 2.1. Currently if I were to send you 2 PMs. You read the first one, went to your inbox then back to the forum. You would only see 0 new PM messages. The PM is marked inside your inbox as unread, but it will not show on the forum index indicator which it should.

A PM should show as UNREAD on the board index pm indicator no matter what, until it is read. It's very annoying and most of the time you forget that you have unread PMs in your inbox.

Well it is labeled as [i]x [b]New[/b] Messages[/i], not unread. That works similar to email programs. Maybe both numbers could be integrated, maybe a tooltip?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, a PM center is not an e-mail client. :)

When people visit a board, they are not there for the sole purpose of checking their PM's and likely will not unless they either need to send a PM or see that they have a "new PM" waiting for them.

The only reason one (typically) opens an e-mail client is to check & send e-mail. This is not the case for bulletin board software, so imho it should not operate like an e-mail client.

I think it's good that the mini-preview (red box) goes away after one page load, but it would be a major plus if members could actually see that they have unread PM's directly from the board index. It's all too easy to read 1 new PM, reply to it and click on the board index link, and wind up missing 3 more new PM's.

Well, a PM center is not an e-mail client. :)

When people visit a board, they are not there for the sole purpose of checking their PM's and likely will not unless they either need to send a PM or see that they have a "new PM" waiting for them.

I think it's good that the mini-preview (red box) goes away after one page load, but it would be a major plus if members could actually see that they have unread PM's directly from the board index.  It's all too easy to read 1 new PM, reply to it and click on the board index link, and wind up missing 3 more new PM's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this was what you were trying to say anyway but I think the red box should remain as it is but the "N New Messages" link should be changed to "N Unread Messages".

• 2 weeks later...

Archived