Cannot create custom blocks in IP Pages 4.0

Neej

Hello,

I have recently set up a test forum for my community which I plan on migrating to when it's all ready. It is currently running on 4.0, and has a converted forum database from 3.4 and then upgraded to 4.0.

In IP Pages when I go to blocks and try create a custom block, no matter what I put in to the block details and content, it always fails and gives me an Error: EX1364

I have attached screenshots of the issue.

I'm thinking it might be something to do with the read write permissions on a folder for IP content(pages)? If this is the case can I get some direction on which folders to CHMOD.

Details.thumb.jpg.4e1c2180bd02587e04720eContent.thumb.jpg.aae09c8227dcf61931f6beEX1364.thumb.jpg.94282b7c97c8394b363f61f

The joys of vague error messages!  Yours is a different number from the one I had.

Check the log files to see if there's any clues in there.  Past that, I don't know the suite well enough yet to offer any advice.

If it's a Windows machine, try rebooting.  Supposed to be the last resort but always the one that fixed 99% of the server problems I used to encounter with IIS ;)

The log files are flat text files stored on the server.  Where on the server is going to depend on your environment (IIS, WAMP, something else?) and whether or not they are in the default location.  Your webadmin should know where to find them.

I changed the location on my development server so that I can easily open them up from within my web editor via FTP.  

Hey mate thanks I found it under uploads/logs/latest.php

Mon, 24 Aug 2015 06:03:34 +0000 (Severity: 1)
IP Removed - Address Removed/calendarworkdammit/admin/?adsess=02n313jvktb2cu99bhq18ik3o7&app=cms&module=pages&controller=blocks&do=form&subnode=1&block_type=custom&block_editor=html&parent=
IPS\Db\Exception
1364: Field 'block_key' doesn't have a default value
#0 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\system\Db\Db.php(640): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `cm...', Array)
#1 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\system\Patterns\ActiveRecord.php(409): IPS\_Db->insert('cms_blocks', Array)
#2 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\system\Node\Model.php(1812): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\applications\cms\sources\Blocks\Block.php(909): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\applications\cms\sources\Blocks\Block.php(662): IPS\cms\Blocks\_Block->save()
#5 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\system\Node\Controller.php(336): IPS\cms\Blocks\_Block->formatFormValues(Array)
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#7 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\system\Dispatcher\Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#8 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\system\Node\Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\applications\cms\modules\admin\pages\blocks.php(39): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\system\Dispatcher\Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\cms\modules\admin\pages\_blocks->execute()
#11 E:\www\socadev\calendarworkdammit\admin\index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}
------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does this mean block_key doesn't have a default value? the error happens if I put a block key or leave it blank.

Archived