Automatic update doesn't work

Good evening, I'm reaching out because I'm having a trouble upgrading my Invision Power Board.

The automatic update isn't working, and I think it might be because the FTP login details have changed. I've updated them, but it's still giving me trouble.

Since my community is self-hosted, the support team suggested I ask for help here.

I would be so grateful for any guidance you could offer! Thank you so much.

Would ensure you’re running PHP 8.0 or PHP 8.1. If the FTP credentials changed, it will prompt you as such. 

If you are running the versions required and permissions are ok, please check your /uploads/logs folder for more details. 

I've seen the automatic upgrade break down a lot recently, and almost all people were using PHP 8.2 (which is not supported). As Jim said, check that your PHP version isn't above 8.1.

If you already have the correct PHP version, a manual upgrade (reply above) is the next best option.

I'm being prompted that the database needs fixed before I'm able to upgrade. I ran the queries that the message advised, and it does nothing. I just keep getting the message to fix the database.

14 minutes ago, omgenghis said:

I'm being prompted that the database needs fixed before I'm able to upgrade. I ran the queries that the message advised, and it does nothing. I just keep getting the message to fix the database.

Please go to ACP -> Support -> ensure you're running UTF8MB4

Hello, I use PHP 8.3.6. and when I tried to upgrade manually the system says:

If you are sure the files have been uploaded correctly, make sure the permissions are set correctly on them.

• /home/public_html/forum/admin/convertutf8/system/Text/Module/Uconverter.php

Other things are ok:

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

I'm merely posting this for reference, but I have PHP 8.2.19 and have successfully upgraded to 4.7.17 without any hiccups.

How customised is your community, and if it isn't, are you using any plugins? I have kept my community vanilla (the only "customisation" is the English (Australia) language) and I have managed to upgrade the last three updates, including any optional updates, successfully.