Pre-sales questions

Hi, i plan to buy Invision Community software self-hosted version to run a download portal for files sharing and i have some questions:

1. As i will need just Downloads app, can i buy just this module ? no need for forum etc ..
  2. I played with demo and i found that gamification system is great but I am interested in knowing if there is a possibility to separate the "lifetime earned points" from the "point balance." Specifically, I am looking for a feature where users can accumulate points over their lifetime within the system, but the "point balance" they can utilize for purchasing subscriptions or other items won't affect their overall rank or lifetime earned points. ( i know that user cannot use points to purshase so i will do it manually)
  3. i will create some rules (file dwonloaded > author get points) so quantity of posts/files uploaded is not very important and i would like to inquire if it is possible to configure the leaderboard based on points accumulated by users rather than the sheer number of posts they make.

Sorry for my english

Best Regards.

22 hours ago, dali44 said:

As i will need just Downloads app, can i buy just this module ? no need for forum etc ..

The Classic platform is one platform, and one price for this. So you purchase the classic platform and get all the apps on that platform. There is no way In which to purchase only downloads

I played with demo and i found that gamification system is great but I am interested in knowing if there is a possibility to separate the "lifetime earned points" from the "point balance." Specifically, I am looking for a feature where users can accumulate points over their lifetime within the system, but the "point balance" they can utilize for purchasing subscriptions or other items won't affect their overall rank or lifetime earned points. ( i know that user cannot use points to purshase so i will do it manually)

There is only one points system. For what you are describing, it would essentially be 2 points systems

i will create some rules (file dwonloaded > author get points) so quantity of posts/files uploaded is not very important and i would like to inquire if it is possible to configure the leaderboard based on points accumulated by users rather than the sheer number of posts they make.

There isnt. The leaderboard is actually not based on posts either. The leaderboard is based on a users reputation, which is something given in the form of reactions to content

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The Classic platform is one platform, and one price for this. So you purchase the classic platform and get all the apps on that platform. There is no way In which to purchase only downloads

Ok no problem.

There is only one points system. For what you are describing, it would essentially be 2 points systems

Maybe single point system with additional internal value (balance=lifetime_eraned_points -  manually substracted or + added points), this value can be used as cart to purshase suscriptions, gift cards etc .. even manually without affecting ranks and achievements.

There isnt. The leaderboard is actually not based on posts either. The leaderboard is based on a users reputation, which is something given in the form of reactions to content

i understand, but with files sharing system, the downloads_number of x file can be used in leaderboard, because people often forget to react to content or don't care but the quantity of downloads can judge file quality and give best reputation to author.

Thanks for your response and time.

Best Regards.