Auto creation of pages/blocks using specific tag/tags

Dazz

I’m not sure if this is possible or not,  it is there a way to automate creating new pages based on tags? Or even custom blocks on file view based on tag of primary file?

My site is based heavily on the Downloads sections of IPS, but I’m finding that by default customization isn’t that nice/easy. I’m working on getting all of my files tagged. I want to be able to put everything associated from different categories with specific tags together on either a new page or have blocks that can be placed on the File View that would show files from other sections with the same tag.

example: files tagged with 1234

category 1: primary file 1 uploaded and tagged with 1234

category 2: supporting file 1 tagged with 1234

category 5: supporting file 1 tagged with 1234

take the files from those categories with those tags and either create a page with locations showing the primary file and any other supporting files from other categories.

Or

even create custom blocks that can display secondary files based on the tag of the primary file. 

does any of this make any sense?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, opentype said:

Pages blocks allows to show content based on tags and categories. So you could create multiple pages and then add blocks with a feed based on those tags. 

This is what I started to do, but realized quickly that I'm going to have to create possibly hundreds of pages manually. Is there a way to create a page layout, specify the tag and the layout populate...instead of having to manually create each file feed box for that tag.

Then I was thinking that perhaps blocks added to the file view could be dynamically created based on the tag of the primary file. Blocks are already shared amongst the file views. so have blocks dynamically populated with files from other cats with the same tag. sucks that blocks cant have pagination, but you can specify number of entries.

Edited by Dazz