"Mark as Solution" only works on new posts, after "Enable Solved?" was enabled

Refsmmat
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

I just figured that the "Mark as Solution" feature only shows on posts that were made after I enabled "Enable Solved?" in a certain forum. It does not show for any posts being made earlier. 

Is this wanted behaviour or a bug? 

I am on version 4.6.12.1

Regards, Tom.

This is not the case by design, no. I have just tested this on one of my own forums, and it shows up on topics that already exist. If you are having issues, please let us have an example and we can take a look for you

Hi Marc, thanks for coming back to me.

And example would be this forum. I have enabled the "Solved" feature earlier today, but it shows up on none of the topics/posts in there, except the very first topic "Test, please ignore" which I just created.

A few days ago I have updated the forum from 4.4 to 4.6. Before I had the "Best answer" plugin installed. I don't know if this might interfere here.

• Solution

Just checking  a few there, they are indeed showing the "mark as solution" option. Note that you would only see this if you have the moderator permission to mark any item as a solution, or you are the topic owner

Thanks Marc!

That config item was well hidden. I checked the configuration of my moderator group in "MEMBERS - Groups" and the "Content" page of the group in "STAFF - Moderators". I just found the setting there on the "Forums" page.

Now it works like it should 🙂