Better than Zapier and Integromat

kmk

I can't speak to IPS' interest in supporting more automation integration platforms, but I would toss out a note of caution.  Any organization that offers an "unlimited lifetime" option is most likely going to at some point change the model.  ESPECIALLY in a situation where they have recurring costs related to continued use.  

At some point, they simply begin to lose money and cannot support it long term.  

I would be highly concerned about spending a great deal of time/effort building the integration and in a year or two have them come back and say they are moving to a new model because the old one no longer makes sense for them.  At that point, you have to either pony up or make an even bigger effort to shift to something else.  

I don't say this to pick on any single company or service.  Instead it's simply a word of caution to think about the sustainability of the technology you choose to deploy in your site.  You would not want to wake up one day and find out you have XX days to either start paying a lot more or need to make a change to something else.   

11 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

I can't speak to IPS' interest in supporting more automation integration platforms, but I would toss out a note of caution.  Any organization that offers an "unlimited lifetime" option is most likely going to at some point change the model.  ESPECIALLY in a situation where they have recurring costs related to continued use.  

At some point, they simply begin to lose money and cannot support it long term.  

I would be highly concerned about spending a great deal of time/effort building the integration and in a year or two have them come back and say they are moving to a new model because the old one no longer makes sense for them.  At that point, you have to either pony up or make an even bigger effort to shift to something else.  

I don't say this to pick on any single company or service.  Instead it's simply a word of caution to think about the sustainability of the technology you choose to deploy in your site.  You would not want to wake up one day and find out you have XX days to either start paying a lot more or need to make a change to something else.   

I understand your point, but it just is a marketing strategy, in some some point of time offer special deal to news customers, they would not loss money with that deals, they need some quantity of customers who receive good offers, but at the same time these customers will be a group of people to help them propagate their products and talk good of they product, it just like a cost in the marketing ads, because will not all time and alll customers receive that offer.