The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it

Thomas Hop

Hey guys,

A weird issue and I am wondering whether this is a server configuration. Whenever I try to update one of my custom made applications I got from this community I get the error message: 

The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

I checked the directory permissions but they are not the problem. The file is most likely also not the problem cause it seems I am the only one having this problem.

So I am asking you guys. Any idea?

Best regards,

Paul

If you can't install through the AdminCP for some reason, an alternative is to extract the .tar archive and upload to your server manually (upload the application folder to your server underneath /applications). Then when you visit the applications page of the AdminCP you will be able to install or update your custom application.

Can you install language packs, themes, etc.? If so then the problem is with the application archive, otherwise it's probably with your temp directory configuration which you'll need to set in constants.php.

Archived