CSS/JS files missing after upgrade to 4.3

TomasMilian

Hello,

I upgraded my board tonight from the very old 3.4 to the latest 4.3.3. It's about a month i'm doing tests on a test server with a 1:1 copy of my forum. While conducting these tests, it happened like 5 / 6 times that the board lost completely all css and js files (they're not in the html at all). The only solution every time was restarting the conversion from scratch. Further checking into this , this morning i found that the uploads/css_built_* and uploads/javascript_* folders (where rendered css and js files are stored) has just disappeared.

This time it happened as i installed the tapatalk plugin (both admin cp and board lost all css/js) but in my tests it happened for other random reasons...sometimes installing a theme, or a language, or even not doing anything (like i relogged the day after and the css was gone!).

I tried using the support -> something is not working link (it's quite hard to do things without a css loaded...) and the cache was cleared, but the problem persists. Same with the "disable all custom stuff" link.

Does anyone have an idea of why this might be happening (folder permissions are correct) and how to regenerate those files in uploads/? My board is offline and i'm quite clueless... :( 

1 minute ago, TomasMilian said:

Maybe someone had some advice to fix the stuff earlier ?

A good start is disabling all installed plugins / applications and check if the error is still there. Especially if tapatalk is causing issues, uninstall disable it. I guess you've done already the acp support part? (clearing cache etc.). Check if it runs smooth on the default style. If yes, the error is on your custom theme.

1 minute ago, Ramsesx said:

A good start is disabling all installed plugins / applications and check if the error is still there. Especially if tapatalk is causing issues, uninstall disable it. I guess you've done already the acp support part? (clearing cache etc.). Check if it runs smooth on the default style. If yes, the error is on your custom theme.

Yes i went through the recovery from the acp, even if it's not easy at all without css. Anyway, If the error was on the custom theme, the ACP should not have broken since it's using the default invision theme, i suppose? Also this very same issue happened more than once during my tests when tapatalk was not installed at all. Just to add more info, neither the uploads/logs directory nor the php-fpm error log show any error. This time it was just "applications -> add -> choose file -> select tapatalk .tar -> accept -> boom (all css and js wiped from uploads)".

Archived