Background Processes and Duplicated Images

CPTDB

Hi there,

We have contacted IPS support with no real resolution so thought I would see if anyone here might have any ideas. We have an issue on our forum where people will post images in their post (once), and it will get duplicated several times. (Example: https://cptdb.ca/topic/739-miway/?do=findComment&comment=800875)

We suspect this is caused by an automated process, and think it is related to the concurrent Background Processes that are running, which take forever to complete. Forever meaning that these increase at a rate of a fraction of a percent every week. Image attached to show the huge list of them in the Admin CP.

I have done some research and set up a cron job to run the public_html/applications/core/interface/task/task.php command as suggested through the Admin CP every second to see if it would speed it up, but it does not seem to have helped over the last month since IPS support upgraded our software. Note that the duplication was happening well before this cron job, so I hope that by me having it run through cron that it did not cause more.

This is the only site running on a managed VPS with RAID-10 SSD storage, 6GB guaranteed RAM, and 4 vCPU cores, so I don't expect the hardware to be the limitation.

Thanks for reading, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 1.28.01 PM.png

Archived