(NE) oembedServices management

Now approved....

Plugin which allows you to apply extra control over the oembed functionality provided by the IPS core

• allows group level control over which remote sites members of a group are allowed to embed.
  • allows group level control for automatically embedding internal IPS links.
  • provides you the ability to add other remote oembed sources which are not yet supported by IPS, such as http://developers.issuu.com/oembed/

Note: Plugin support does not include assisting you with researching whether a site supports oembed or not. Google, or the site itself, will be your friend in that situation

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 3 weeks later...

What's fixed in v1.0.1

• fixed issue with select boxes not displaying correct choices options after a save.

What's new in v1.0.1

• added option to allow control over whether a user group can automatically embed internal IPS links (note: if you have disabled the 'Automatically embed links' setting either globally or via my (NE) Per-group 'Posting' settings plugin then this new setting is irrelevant and will have no effect)
  • 1 month later...

Hi, i have set embed on and allow only the regexp of my site to be allowed as url in the posts. Still it seems i can embed YouTube videos in the posts..

Does your plugin fix that ? i want to embed on my site only the internal links and no other external (yet).

Also, can we modify the youtube embed in your plugin to be cookieless as this post states ?

Thanks !

2 hours ago, LinkMania said:

Does your plugin fix that ? i want to embed on my site only the internal links and no other external (yet).

Disable all the native embeds provided by IPS, yes (Spotted a bug with this - will update later today)

2 hours ago, LinkMania said:

Also, can we modify the youtube embed in your plugin to be cookieless as this post states ?

Disable the native youtube embeds provided by IPS, and add your own custom endpoint.

Changing my response as there doesn't appear to be an oembed endpoint for youtube-nocookie.com, therefore it can't be added to the custom endpoints.

And another change....will be releasing v1.0.3 which will convert the link to the no-cookie version ?

youtu.be has the same id as youtube.com but its:

https://youtu.be/xcxzc2eefwe

By the way.. i just installed your plugin, configured for my group to enable internal links and youtube.com (with the no cookie option) and.. it does not seem to work. If i disable it - the normal embed works.. if i enable it.. it just shows the link.. any ideas please ?

later edit: if i disable the nocookie option it does embed.. so it seems the nocookie does not work as it should ?

Edited by LinkMania
19 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

youtu.be has the same id as youtube.com but its:

The no-cookie url, not the original url...forget that question, I'll just assume it has the same new url and add it in.

20 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

By the way.. i just installed your plugin, configured for my group to enable internal links and youtube.com (with the no cookie option) and.. it does not seem to work. If i disable it - the normal embed works.. if i enable it.. it just shows the link.. any ideas please ?

Send me login credentials for the ACP, and a link to a topic where you have tested this.

9 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

HTML posting should not be required at all (this doesn't get involved in anyway with the front side of things...it's all back end)

Show me what you are trying to describe please.

Thanks for your confirmation, maybe its a cache issue, i will get back with more details if i still get reports of the problem..

22 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

Thanks for your confirmation, maybe its a cache issue, i will get back with more details if i still get reports of the problem..

If you could just describe the issue to me then I can assist. What is the user doing exactly? If they are trying to post a full embed code then tell them to stop and to simply post a youtube url (that's how embedding works in general)

6 minutes ago, kmk said:

Hello, I would like to ensure if this site https://impresa.prensa.com/panorama/estudiantes-mediran-conocimientos-concurso-educativo_0_5066493413.html can be embed using your plugin?

Note: Plugin support does not include assisting you with researching whether a site supports oembed or not. Google, or the site itself, will be your friend in that situation 

https://www.google.com

1 minute ago, Nathan Explosion said:

https://www.google.com

Sorry, because I don't understand how it work, so I am asking for that. How I can verify if some sites can be embed using your plugin?

Just now, kmk said:

Sorry, because I don't understand how it work, so I am asking for that. How I can verify if some sites can be embed using your plugin?

You use Google to search for whether that site provides an oembed endpoint. If it does, then you can add it using the plugin. If it doesn't then you can't

The plugin itself doesn't do the embedding.

Hello, it seems the plugin only works for people with access in ACP and HTML. All others with access to youtube set in the plugin option get this when they try to post a link:

<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">
    <div>
        <iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="344" width="459"></iframe>
    </div>
</div>

<p>
    &nbsp;
</p>

They should get this in the post:

<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo" contenteditable="false">
    <div>
        <iframe allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="344" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/GGbK8jvF18Q?feature=oembed" width="459"></iframe>
    </div>
</div>

<p>
    &nbsp;
</p>

Any idea please? Thanks !

21 minutes ago, LinkMania said:

Hello, it seems the plugin only works for people with access in ACP and HTML

As already stated - HTML posting is not a requirement. And ACP access is most definitely not needed.

What was the link/code/whatever that was being posted by the user?

Just spotted that the problem here is that you are using the privacy mode functionality, which is working perfectly fine. Video embeds nicely...then you submit and the IPS code removes the url....because it is not using an allowed iframe base.

Nothing to do with the plugin, all to do with the Editor....so edit your editor settings and do the following:

image.thumb.png.1a046ec53ea440d2a5d07899be025e54.png