Topics from deleted categories not deletable

SpeedyCat

Dear Community,

I am pretty desperate. Just a short story: I had two forum categories: german forums and english forums with a lot of sub forums. Now I made the decision to make this forum to an english only forum.

Everything works brilliant. But then I have deleted the whole german forums category and now the threads are keep showing in the fluid view and in the topic feed (e.g. sidebar).

If I try to mark them and delete them nothing happens.When I am going to enter the topic then this message appears:

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F173/O

Updated from 4.19 to 4.2 Beta 8 and afterwards to 4.2 gold. 

I tried the following things:

- Delete Cache / Page / Browser
- Rebuild search index
- Changed to default theme (to make sure it has nothing to do with my theme)
- Updated / Upgraded and rebooted the server (even if it makes no sense)
- Turned off all applications and plugins

I just can delete them if I delete my whole content under the member settings, but I don't want to delete my content.

The last way is to transfer my content to a second account and delete my content. So it will transfer the living topics to another account and kill the dead one (lol).

Could you do me a favor? Create a forum, create a thread, delete the whole category and make sure you do not have the same bug. Would appreciate it!

Best regads,

sash

There are no background processes currently running.

Deleted about 24 hours ago. This should not take that long for about 50 topics.

I tried to merge my content into another account with the hope that the "dead content" will disappear. The result: I lost my ID #1 administrator account. Glad that I have created an IPS Support account. There should be a warning or something like that. I just want to move my content into an other account, why this will delete my account. lol

I starts to getting annoying. 4.2 was the best and the worst update at the same time. I like the new features but problems like that were removed in 4.19 and reappear in 4.2 for me.

Edit: It says background tasks are not running when community is offline. Tried to go online. 

Edit2: There are no backgrounds tasks so I guess it doesn't matter.

So I made it. I just used the SQL Toolbox in the admin panel, went to the table "forum_topics", then I searched for the TID of my dead threads and executed the following command:

DELETE FROM forums_topics WHERE tid = 12

Now all the dead threads are deleted.

Archived